shit man this still sounds so good!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
id probably like it more if, as previously stated, there werent approx. 9324 million threads stating that its U2's greatest shit since achtung baby.

i honestly don't know how you can judge a song based on how many threads it has on a website.

and saying that people jizz all over something just because it is unreleased is small minded. not to mention that a mentality like that should not and cannot exempt the obvious catch 22...

if that theory holds true, then Heartland, Acrobat, etc are only favored among fans because they are never played.

I think people like what they like because they like what they like (what they like).

I like Heartland and Acrobat and Mercy because they are all fantastic songs. Same reason I like Vertigo and Discotheque and Gone and With Or Without You and Bad.

Clawgrabber said:
i honestly don't know how you can judge a song based on how many threads it has on a website.

and saying that people jizz all over something just because it is unreleased is small minded. not to mention that a mentality like that should not and cannot exempt the obvious catch 22...

if that theory holds true, then Heartland, Acrobat, etc are only favored among fans because they are never played.

I think people like what they like because they like what they like (what they like).

I like Heartland and Acrobat and Mercy because they are all fantastic songs. Same reason I like Vertigo and Discotheque and Gone and With Or Without You and Bad.

:yes: amen!! Acrobat, Mercy, Discotheque, Gone, With or Without You, and Bad are all some of my favourite songs ever. And I love them because they're what I love, not because they have or haven't been played live (though to be fair I would never have fallen in love with Bad had I not seen it live).

Some people seem to think the only reason a lot of people praise Mercy is because everyone else is doing it, because it's the cool thing to do or whatever. Maybe we all legitimately love the song and truly do think it's some of U2's best work? Just because you (and I'm speaking in a general sense here, not to anyone specifically) don't get anything from the song doesn't mean others can't :shrug:

Its odd with Mercy for me, the whole feel of the song is amazing: it just has the feel of the Achtung Baby album, I don't know how that happened, but it has a similar air of greatness that that album has.

You couldn't be more right !!!!!!!!!!:yes: :yes: :yes:

The guy with the drumsticks made one of his major mistakes ever to convince everyone in the band Mercy had to go!!

:larry: :madspit: :madwife:

Does anybody know if the band has ever mentioned the song in interviews?

That aside I have the song on now and it really is one cracking song!

mercy.jpg

...so it's nothing to do with the track [along with Fast Cars] taking the album to over an hour?

the song is complete! people are just making themselves believe it's unfinished because it's not officially released and all we have so far is an umpteenth generation leaked MP3...!

gareth brown said:
...so it's nothing to do with the track [along with Fast Cars] taking the album to over an hour?

the song is complete! people are just making themselves believe it's unfinished because it's not officially released and all we have so far is an umpteenth generation leaked MP3...!

:up:

gareth brown said:

Yup. If you refer back to that Blender article from way back when, Mercy was on the album until the very final cut a few days before it was due. Cut after a huddle convened by Larry, the reasons for which weren't discussed in the article.

Back
Top Bottom