Shine Like Stars Snippt from WOWY

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LMP

Blue Crack Supplier
I thought the Shine Like Stars snippet from the song Love Will Tear as Apart used in some of the live WOWY shows was just awesome, so I went and listened t the song by Joy Division only to find that "snippet" isn't even in the song. So what's the deal with that, and why does Love Will Tear us Apart get credit and which song has the lines used in WOWY?

edit: the thread was supposed to say snippet not "snippt", lil typo:wink:

Last edited:
I always thought that the shine like stars thing was something Bono made up for the live version, and not connected to the Joy Division line at all.

I always thought the shine like stars bit was from "one hand one heart" from west side story.

Bono used to sing 2 different snippets at the end of WOWY, the shine like stars he made up, and the other one was taken from another song (i think its discussed on the u2faqs.com)

Shine Like Stars is Bono's work. I pray that this verse will return on the tour because it is the only thing that can do this song justice in this stage.

Shine Like Stars was a Bono invention and ad-lib.

Bono also added a snippett of Love Will Tear Us Apart to WOWY at a couple of the Joshua Tree shows.
Confused U2 fans unfamiliar with Joy Division assumed that "We'll shine like stars..." was from Love Will Tear Us Apart.
Not so.

Matthew_Page2000 said:
Shine Like Stars was a Bono invention and ad-lib.

Bono also added a snippett of Love Will Tear Us Apart to WOWY at a couple of the Joshua Tree shows.
Confused U2 fans unfamiliar with Joy Division assumed that "We'll shine like stars..." was from Love Will Tear Us Apart.
Not so.

I am one of those fans:wink:

djerdap said:
Shine Like Stars is Bono's work. I pray that this verse will return on the tour because it is the only thing that can do this song justice in this stage.

AN INTERNAL CROATIAN DISCUSSION:
Nije justice, right je prava rijec. Jebote, veze ti nemas :lmao:

Now that we're discussing snippets, I am particularly fond of the intro for The Fly on the Elevation DVD.

"It's hard to walk away...We could have it all!!!" :drool: :drool: :drool:

I wonder if this will ever become a song. :hmm:

Back
Top Bottom