"She's a mystery to me"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The_acrobat

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
This song is a strange one indeed. Never released, Never properly recorded. Yet on every tour, they seem to pull it out on a few occasions for the hell of it. As far as I know, they've been playing it live since the Joshua Tree tour. So I'm thinking...wouldn't it be cool if they did a proper version of it and released it on their next album? I mean, I think it would still be as relevent now as it would've been then. I know they have other songs they are into at the moment. But why does each album have to be 11-12 songs? Just throw on "Mystery to me" after all the new tracks are picked out. I think it could be a single, if everything worked out right.

The song was writen for Roy Orbison by Bono and Edge in 1987, and it was properly recorded Orbison and produced by Bono in Orbison's Mystery Girl album in 1989.

U2 recorded She is a Mystery to Me 1987 in Sun Studios in Memphis, the same day they recorded, Angel of Harlem, When Love Comes To Town, Love Rescue Me, Jesuschrist (for Woody Guthrie tribute album) and another song that I don't remember that was a B-Side for R&H.

I love She is a Mystery to Me and I could say I been waiting for U2 to release it since the late 80's it would be great if they do it, I wouldn't mind if it would be in a new album, re-recording it ( which I doubt ) or as B side.

It was first played live in Dublin on December 30th, 1989 during the Lovetown Tour. It was recorded a year earlier by Roy Orbison.

(Curse your speediness, rafmed.)

Last edited:
YEAH...if they remixed this baby and put it out...it could really do well
it's a fantastic song

rafmed said:
The song was writen for Roy Orbison by Bono and Edge in 1987, and it was properly recorded Orbison and produced by Bono in Orbison's Mystery Girl album in 1989.

U2 recorded She is a Mystery to Me 1987 in Sun Studios in Memphis, the same day they recorded, Angel of Harlem, When Love Comes To Town, Love Rescue Me, Jesuschrist (for Woody Guthrie tribute album) and another song that I don't remember that was a B-Side for R&H.

I

The other song recorded at Sun was called Prisoner Of Love.

Back
Top Bottom