SF and U2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Shawn Bonneau

New Yorker
Anyone ever heard this rant? It's in Sunday Bloody Sunday, San Francisco, 198.7. It is the best SBS rant ever. Bono mistook a sign saying SF and U2. He didn't even think of the SF standing for the city. He went off on quite a rant. Amazing. "Fuck Freedom" - Bono

SMB

Between that and the worst version of "All Along the Watchtower" ever (which they then cleaned up slightly and put on a fucking album), that show got off to a pretty disastrous start.

Bono atoned for his sins with that version of "People, Get Ready," though. He could've said "FUCK PUPPIES" and it would've been alright after that awesome version. Later performances haven't been quite as spot-on.

Must have been kinda embarrassing for everyone

I always wonder if after the concert someone told Bono ie

Larry: "y'know Bono I think SF stood for San Francisco"
Bono: "HOLY SHIT"

Theres a great version of Trip thru Your Wires at that show, which kinda makes up for it.

If he'd have been a 49er fan, the "SF" would have been recognizable and that if nothing else would have made him think of the city;) But he's an Irish boy!

Sicy said:
I'm mad I missed that show. I heard about it too late!

I didn't hear about it until two days after!! I was pissed. I would've skipped work for that...but it was a two hour drive (back in '88, w/the speed limit and all), so I probably wouldn't have made it in time. I did see them in Oakland a week later, and that was great.

Back
Top Bottom