Setlist

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

alexvilagosh

War Child
What songs from ATYCLB will they drop? What songs will be played every night for sure? What songs will rotate? This of course plus the new songs.

I think Elevation will be dropped, as will In A Little While. As will New York, except in New York. No more Wild Honey either.

Every night they will play:
Where The Streets Have No Name (if I went to a concert and they didn't play it I wouldn't leave the stadium...)
Until The End Of The World
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Pride
Bullet The Blue Sky
With Or Without You
Walk On

Most nights:
One
Beautiful Day (could drop off near the end of the tour...)
Mysterious Ways

Some nights:
Out Of Control
New Year's Day
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
All I Want Is You
In God's Country
Bad
Gone
Please
11 O'Clock Tick Tock
Kite

Rotating on B Stage:
Desire
I Will Follow
Angel Of Harlem
Staring At The Sun
Stay

Snippets Of:
Wake Up Dead Man
Peace On Earth

I've left out a lot but there's my list. I'm bored. :)

this is boring
try the search button , next time
maybe , they should drop Streets , once in a while
as for ATYCLB , Walk On and Beautiful day , maybe kite will survive

Boring? Hardly. It's always fun.

I so hope you're right about 11 O'clock Tick Tock, Alex. If you ask me, it should be a permanent setlist member like it used to be. That song rocks. I Will Follow on the B Stage? I very much doubt it. It's an electric song, not an acoustic one. Personally, I'm hoping they dump the acoustic set. It pisses me off, honestly. They could play some good songs, or electric versions I'm not so keen on (Desire, SATS), but nooo, they have to play really dodgy acoustic songs.

Anyhow, my thoughts ...

Where The Streets Have No Name and Until The End Of The World are permanent setlist members, particularly Streets (I think there would be a revolution if it was omitted - since its debut, has U2 ever NOT played it live?)

I Will Follow is pretty much permanent too, considering how much of a U2 classic it is, and Bullet The Blue Sky and New Year's Day wouldn't be dropped. Only one thing on earth tops the reaction to the first few notes of NYD, and that's the reaction to the first few notes of Streets.

As much as it pains me to say this, With Or Without You has GOT to go. Brilliant on The Joshua Tree tour, it's now lame and a pain to listen to. Pride isn't as bad, but it's not strong enough to deserve a permanent spot.

Regulars (though not every night);
Sunday Bloody Sunday
ISHFWILF
Beautiful Day
Mysterious Ways
One
Bad
Gone

Possibly;
Out Of Control
11 O'clock Tick Tock
Even Better Than The Real Thing
Discotheque
Kite
The Fly
All I Want Is You

Rotating on B Stage if it's not scrapped;
Stay
SATS
Desire
Angel Of Harlem
Stuck

Closer will most likely be a song from the new album or Walk On, but I'd like it to be 40. That is THE U2 closer.

I would like to see the return of the following;

Gloria
The Electric Co.
Please
Running To Stand Still (with Bullet!)
Exit
ITABTAW --> ADWM (classic!)

Axver said:
Boring? Hardly. It's always fun.

Where The Streets Have No Name and Until The End Of The World are permanent setlist members, particularly Streets (I think there would be a revolution if it was omitted - since its debut, has U2 ever NOT played it live?)

Yes, a couple of times on the Lovetown tour in 1989 Streets was not played (11-18-89 comes to mind off hand). But it was still played most of the time even on that tour and has been played at every regular show on every tour since.

Last edited:
Elevation will be dropped, I think. (If the next U2 Record has a stonking opening track that gets you all fired up just listening to it in your bedroom, just think of something like that opening a U2 concert!)

Streets will stay definetley. But I can't see Pride and Sunday being permanent. End of the World, definetley.

Things I'd like to see.

• Fully-blown version of Red Hill Mining Town or an accoustic version, that'd be quite cool. Actually, that'd rule!
  • Acrobat opening the First Encore
  • The Fly A LOT more often. That version from Boston was bloody fantastic!
  • More MOFO
  • ANYTHING from the Boy and October LPs.
  • Promenade (perfect Bono dancing song. Sod WOWY)

Blue Room said:

Yes, a couple of times on the Lovetown tour in 1989 Streets was not played (11-18-89 comes to mind off hand). But it was still played most of the time even on that tour and has been played at every regular show on every tour since.

oddly enough, "Streets" was not played for a good chunk of the 2nd leg (european leg) of the Joshua Tree

check out www.u2tours.com and look at the 2nd leg - I am very curious why they didn't play it. It is safe to say that every full show from zoo Tv to the present day has included STREETS...although I think they almost took it out of Popmart but decided to kepp it in (thank goodness).

As for ATYCLB songs that will survive the next tour: B-day and Walk on for sure - possibly Kite and Stuck on the odd show. Elevation was very definitive of the last tour (like Zoo Station and Mofo) so it is unlikely they will keep it in BUT unlike Mofo and Zoo S. it was a single so you never know....with a new album of supposedly great songs, it will be tougher than ever for U2 to pick a setlist....

I would like them to bring back U.F. and In God's Country - I think those are somewhat realistic, the die hard fans would love them and they were big enough hits that the average listener will recognize them too...

Cheers,

Brady

bradyvox said:

oddly enough, "Streets" was not played for a good chunk of the 2nd leg (european leg) of the Joshua Tree

check out www.u2tours.com and look at the 2nd leg - I am very curious why they didn't play it. It is safe to say that every full show from zoo Tv to the present day has included STREETS...although I think they almost took it out of Popmart but decided to kepp it in (thank goodness).

You are correct, I forgot about that. They would not play it when they would do the Stand By Me/Cmon Everybody opener. I think I remember them saying that at that time they didnt feel Streets worked well in the encore which is where they typically played it under this setlist format on the 1st leg.

Regarding Streets and Popmart, they had always planned to play it on Popmart. The song you might be thinking about is Pride. Bono was adamant all the way up to the Vegas rehearsals that they would not be doing Pride on Popmart. The rest of the band convinced him in LV that they should play it. Its one of the reasons it sounds pathetic at the Vegas 97 show (although alot of the songs did!! LOL) because they had barely rehearsed it prior to the tour.

I hope these songs will be played:
- lady with the spinning head
- hold me thrill me kiss me kill me
- mofo
- heartland
- god part II
- dirty day
- the fly
- wake up dead man
- love is blindness
- even better than the real thing
- ultraviolet
- another time another place
- twilight

Does anyone know why they didn't play God Part II in the past three tours? They can do a lot with that song...

I don't know why, but I think "Walk On" might not show up next tour -- at least not often. "Beautiful Day" will make it, of course, and I strongly believe "Stuck" will stick around. People love that song.

I'd love to hear "Discotheque" more often, as well as "Please", "In God's Country", and the full-band "40".

I suppose rooting for a return of "Lemon" would be pointless.

Oh, and I hope beyond hope they don't drop "Sunday Bloody Sunday". The bridge in that song is the ultimate crowd please.

I'll put money on them bringing back either ZooStation or Mofo, probably Mofo.

This was just a topic on another group and it was a hot debate for a few days, everyone was frustrated by only "the hits" being played.
They discussed songs that the hard core fans would love to hear vs. what the casual fan would know and what should go and what shouldn't. Many insisted the hits had to stay for the boys to maintain a fanbase. My suggestion to the discussion was for them to drop a few hits and add a few nuggets the diehards would love.
I've seen them 3 times, I know many people posting here haven't had the opportunity yet. How do they balance at this point? I love the hits, but I don't need to hear SBS or Pride in another concert. I wouldn't be upset if WTSHNN was replaced with ISHFWILF. But I know there are people who are out there who would love to see those two songs live.
What would I like to see?
-Get rid of Bullet the Blue Sky
-Replace Pride with A Sort of Homecoming or Wire.
Replace SBS with Rhe Electric Co.
In my dreams:
=play Drowning Man, Luminous Times, Three Sunrises, Electical Storm, Love is Blindness, An Cat Dubh, Tomorrow, Stranger in a Strange Land, Ground Beneath Her Feet, Hearland, Hawkmoon 269, One Tree Hill, Red Hill Mining Town, Summer Rain - at all the towns near mine :wink:
=make Stay a standard
***here's a neat one -replace the acoustic set with a "disco" set which would include Big Girls, Zooropa, MW, LWTSH, Salome

I will shut up now

I just want them to play Streets, I don't think I'd be disappointed if they missed something else...

Of course I would like them to play other songs (11 O'Clock, Out Of Control, Gone), but I wouldn't really care.

1) There will be 7-8 new songs from the yet to be released album.

2) There will be between 14-17 classic/fan favorite U2 songs

Every night:

1) Where the Streets Have No Name
2) One
3) Beautiful Day
4) New Year's Day
5) Until the End of the World
6) Mysterious Ways
7) Stuck in a Moment You Can Get Out Of
8) With or Without You
9) Walk On
10)Bad

Alternating nights:

11)I Will Follow / Out of Control
12)Desire / Angel of Harlem
13)Kite / Stay (Faraway, So Close)
14)All I Want Is You / I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
15)Sunday Bloody Sunday / Pride
16)Staring at the Sun / Please
17)Electrical Storm / The Hands That Built America

Possible surprises:

Gloria, Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill Me, Party Girl/Trash Can, Running to Stand Still, MLK, Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses, New York, Miami, The Fly, Two Hearts Beat As One, A Sort of Homecoming.

Never to be played again:

Red Hill Mining Town, The Sweetest Thing, Anything else from "Rattle and Hum", Anything else from "Pop", Lemon, Trip Through Your Wires, Wire, Wild Honey, and The Ground Beneath Her Feet.

Back
Top Bottom