Serious Mother Friggen Question!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
U2democrat said:
excellent. i doubt it can get too much better.

I'd love it in lossless, then I could really blast this thing loud. If it's out there in SHN or FLAC, could someone please point me towards a copy?

Axver said:

I'd love it in lossless, then I could really blast this thing loud. If it's out there in SHN or FLAC, could someone please point me towards a copy?

shn, or flac... :drool:

seriously, u2 are one of those bands that nearly require lossless. Lossy algorithms really phase out the high end.

Larry's crisp hi-hats and cymbols and Edge's sparkling, ringing guitar really become embodied on lossless.

discothequeLP said:
i converted the 128 kbps mp3's to shn, but i actually dont notice a difference...whats the best quality mp3?

Converting MP3 to SHN will do nothing. You can't get back what is already gone.

discothequeLP said:
i converted the 128 kbps mp3's to shn, but i actually dont notice a difference...whats the best quality mp3?

You really can't do that. The point is to start with the lossless. Once it's in 128kps it's lossy, you can't go backwards.

discothequeLP said:

You won't notice any difference from mp3 to shn. Shn must be encoded from source, because otherwise you are just preserving the lossy audio from the mp3.

discothequeLP said:

You're not going to recover any quality converting from lossy to lossless.

elfyx said:
lol we all post at the same time!

Hah, that we all did. Or at least, the rest of you. I was slow. Blame Crumbs From Your Table starting all over again. Damn I love this song.

Back
Top Bottom