September 10

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cass

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Am I right in believing the 10th September, is the day Bono's mother died?

What a horrible tragedy. Especially since she was at her own father's funeral. What a terrible thing for a 14 year old boy to go through. She is the reason Bono tries so hard. But now, her husband is finally with her again. (Goes off to ponder mortality)

It is so very, very sad that Iris Hewson didn't live long enough to see the good man that Bono became, or to enjoy being a grandmother. It is comforting to believe that she and Bob Hewson are watching over their sons and their sons' families, somewhere.

Tomorrow
Won't you come back tomorrow
Can I sleep tonight

Outside
Somebody's outside
Somebody's knocking at the door
There's a black car parked
At the side of the road
Don't go to the door
Don't go to the door

I'm going out
I'm going outside mother
I'm going out there

Won't you be back tomorrow
Will you be back tomorrow

Who broke the window
Who broke down the door
Who tore the curtain
And who was He for
Who healed the wounds
Who heals the scars
Open the door
Open the door

Can I sleep tonight

Cause I want you...I...I want you...
I really...I...I want...I...I...
I want you to be back tomorrow
I want you to be back tomorrow

Open up, open up
To the lamb of God
To the love of he who made
The blind to see
He's coming back
He's coming back
I believe it
Jesus coming

I'm gonna be there
I'm gonna be there mother
I'm gonna be there mother
I'm going out there
And you're gonna be there...

Last edited:
Thanks guys. It is just something I wanted to know as a fact. I only read that date in a magazine article recently, I wanted to confirm it.
I certainly love U2 first and foremost for their art, their music and the good works they have done. But I remember the first time I read the "Unforgettable Fire" book and read a bit of Bono's personal story.The loss he suffered at such a tender age and in such a tragic way, placed him very deeply in my heart, forever. There is something totally unique about a mother's love imho.My mother also lost her first husband in such an abrupt way and I always could feel the sorrow it caused her. I also think the part of the story about him surviving on Deb potatoes tugged at my maternal heart strings too. It also makes me respect Ali Hewson even more, she has been there for him, through it all.

I became a mother for the first time on September 10th, so it is a date that fills my heart with joy. It was a bit of a shock to find out recently how it relates to Bono.

Hey Carey02....HAPPY BIRTHDAY:)....can I presume you are kind-hearted and trustworthy and loyal and beautiful...I know my eldest son is:heart: September 10 is also the birthday of my best childhood friend, a coincidence I will always be amazed by, and the birthday of my dear friend from adulthood. She would right now be spending her birthday with her family in Finland for the first time in years, she would be SO happy right now, she LOVES her birthday party..Happy Birthday Annie Antelope and Varpu...I love you both dearly.
:hug: bono:hug:

cass said:

Hey Carey02....HAPPY BIRTHDAY:)....can I presume you are kind-hearted and trustworthy and loyal and beautiful...I know my eldest son is:heart:

Thanks! And yes, you can presume that. :yes:

Back
Top Bottom