seeing U2 in the strangest of places

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KhanadaRhodes

Paper Gods
Staff member
where's the weirdest place you've seen U2 or something U2-related lately? me, i was doing my work like normal, and all of a sudden a U2-related ad popped up. it listed four albums and asked which one wasn't by U2. :ohmy:

so uhh, yeah. :laugh: it's early. i had next to no sleep last night, and my second wind hasn't kicked in yet. :wink:

Attachments

• u2.gif
    u2.gif
    3.5 KB · Views: 111
Heh, whenever I see a U2 trivia question or something, I always think that the wrong answer is so incredibly stupid that nobody could miss it.

Then I remember that I know way too much about U2. :)

I think the weirdest place I've heard U2 mentioned was on a Saved By the Bell episode my sister was watching where the cast is trying to make it to a U2 concert.

i turned on the tv this break and jeopardy was on...i hadn't watched it in forever but decided to watch it for old time's sake...and randomly there was a u2 question! it said something like "the 1987 grammy for album of the year went to u2 for this cd" and the category was "cds"...anyway, i thought it was way easy cause even if you don't know u2, most ppl know the joshua tree was good and in the 80s...i yelled very loudly...

on this episode i also learned that 4% of the milk in ireland goes to bailey's irish cream...heh...

On the back of the envelope that my DMV registration came in, there's a picture of a sample California license plate that says :U TOO

'nuff said

not lately, but ever:

bonohelms.jpg

i thought of another one. sony music stuff, like mp3 players, walkmen, etc., all have U2 written on the back on a sticker in big letters. it's like a barcode thing. well, here, at least.

I am a reservationist at a travel wholesaler and we book Hertz cars in our packages.....the convertible car type is code U2 CH , so every day when I book convertibles for people I think of U2! I always point it out to my co-workers and they just say I am crazy :lol:

I don't know if there's anything like this in your country, but, at least here in Chile, there's a shampoo called U2
Also, a reality show just started here and a girl is called Catalina Bono (I think she's gonna win ;) )

:hmm: Well, maybe this isn't weird (just cool!) but they were playing the video for ES today when I went into a music store. Yay!

i used to work at toys r us, and the same sony bar code thing mentioned earlier was on all the playstation2's

in the simpsons episode where a curfew is put in for all the kids... when chief clancy wiggums comes to enforce the curfew, he rolls up in his police car and says "achtung, babies!" into his bullhorn

there's some sort of lithograph of the boy cover on the wall in ferris bueler's day off

lydia in mrs. doubtfire has a u2 poster on her wall...

and i was just watching "i love 1983" on vh1 and they played the intro to i will follow for, like, 3 minutes in the background...they must have been confused...it coming out in '80 and all...:shrug: :sexywink:

Stories for Boys said:
lydia in mrs. doubtfire has a u2 poster on her wall...

and i was just watching "i love 1983" on vh1 and they played the intro to i will follow for, like, 3 minutes in the background...they must have been confused...it coming out in '80 and all...:shrug: :sexywink:

I think I remember that about Mrs. Doubtfire...which poster did she have?

I just remembered something else...A couple weeks ago I was watching a skiing event from Steamboat, CO sponsored by Paul Mitchell...And they played part of Summer Rain, Elevation, and something else that I can't remember at the moment.

Oh, and if you watch the show Friends, one of the little in-between-scenes musical numbers they have is obviously patterned after Pride.

Not so strange, but I was pleasantly surprised while I was watching Mr. Deeds the other day and Sweetest Thing started playing in the background. :hyper: I had no idea it was in the soundtrack! And a few months ago I rented Vanilla Sky and the same thing happened with Wild Honey. Yay!

my 10th grade geography book. there was this page and they had a pic of an electric guitar, ( fender stratocaster i think i really dont remember) and there was a picture of u2 with their grammy award. i used to show it t o all my classamtes and i used to yell out at the beginning of class "turn to page --(whichever was the page u2 was on)!" by the second bimester they knew what it was all about though :huh:

I watched Runaway Bride the other day and I had forgotten that SHFWILF is the opening song :drool:

I was reading People last night (the issue with people who have lost a lot of weight on the cover) and in an article about Clonaid, they have a little box talking about how Dolly the sheep is doing. The title of the box is EWE-2. :)

wertsie said:
I think I remember that about Mrs. Doubtfire...which poster did she have?

336564%3B923232%7Ffp69%3Dot%3E2326%3D9%3B%3B%3D663%3Dxroqdf%3E232336688%3C%3A6%3Bot1lsi

methinks

Haven't they played With Or Without You on Friends at least once?

And the I Love 1988 show on VH1 kept playing the beginning to Angel of Harlem during random things like the part about The Wonder Years. :huh:

I was walking to Starbucks the other day, and on the way I pass a music store that plays whatever CD they have on inside outside (if that made any sense...). They usually play something I don't like, but when I walked past I heard, "You're a headache, in a suitcase..." I started grinning like an idiot. When I was walking back to work I heard, "It's early fall...There's a cloud on the NY skyline..." That made my whole day. If I wasn't on break I probably would have loitered in the music store for awhile.

Then I was at Chili's the other night with some friends and Electrical Storm came on, and for some reason it seemed louder than the other songs that had been palying. I *tried* to refrain from grinning like an idiot...

Last edited:
Ultraviolet Light said:

336564%3B923232%7Ffp69%3Dot%3E2326%3D9%3B%3B%3D663%3Dxroqdf%3E232336688%3C%3A6%3Bot1lsi

methinks

Haven't they played With Or Without You on Friends at least once?

And the I Love 1988 show on VH1 kept playing the beginning to Angel of Harlem during random things like the part about The Wonder Years. :huh:

:yes: Yep, twice during season 2!

Last month I went to a figure skating competition with my Mom and they played ATYCLB during an intermission. My mom has grown to like U2 in the last year so it lead to U2 related conversation to pass the time. My mom is in her 60's by the way so I find her whole entry into fandom rather fun and claims that she saw someone that reminded her of Edge the other day!:lol:

In my school's yearbook there are a few pages in the back that show events that happened during the year. There's a picture of Edge and Bono on stage because U2 had the biggest selling tour of the year. I was so excited when I first saw it!:hyper: I showed all my friends and they just rolled their eyes. :rolleyes:

Anyone seen the movie "About a Boy"? Well its been awhile since I saw it in the theatres, and I have the worst memory, but there is a scene where Hugh Grant is blaring music in his apartment, and its Zoo Station!!! It was SO loud in the theatres I started to freak out and hit my brother telling him Listen, its U2!!!
anyways, this movie comes out on 1/14 so check it out!

Back
Top Bottom