Second U2/Bono song in Gangs of New York

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Headache in a Suitcase

Site Team
Staff member
With the other morally corrupt bootlicking rubes.
I was browsin' IMDB's Gangs of New York page and came across this...

"B?id?n Fheidhlim?"
Traditional
Performed by Bono
Bono appears courtesy of Universal Music BV

Anyone hear this other song??? I didn't even here of any news that Bono did anything besides Hands for the movie. It's not on the soundtrack, but IMDB even says at the top of the page that "Please note that songs listed here (and in the movie credits) cannot always be found on CD soundtracks. Please check CD track details for confirmation." And the liner notes do say there were 86 different songs played in the movie. I'll have to download gangs of new york off of kazaa again just to look out for it.

Last edited:
could have been, i must have missed it myself, but i did read another thread where someone was talking about that possibility

86 songs?!? wow...

i capitalized

bayernfc said:
I heard his voice during the movie (other than "Hands") I think it was an Irish Hymn of some sort......

with a gobbledygookian name like B?id?n Fheidhlim? it would have to be an Irish hymn

i only remember hearing a few songs...i remember specifically that guy walking around singing that "my dear annie" thing

the music in the beginning battle scene

and THTBA at the end...

i knew about this song before seeing the movie, and both time i missed it :scream:

You know how most movies have scores composed specially for that one film? Well, Martin Scorcese typically splices together music that's already been created... that's one of the beauties of his films. So I'm not surprised that there are 86 songs in the film :)

That's also the reason that the score of the movie couldn't be nominated for any awards, because it's not original.

:wave:

Thanks for the info about this song :)

yeah, that's one of my favourite things about scorsese movies

that and how there's always at least one scene where the camera is either at the view point of a person walking, or hovering right over someone's shoulder as they're walking, and you see where they're going from their point of view. i love that.

*kicks kazaa repeatedly to get it to work*

thanks for that info, headache

bah, who am i kidding, it'll take months for that to download...

i suppose this has something to do with getting the song into an audio file?

kazaa says it's not there...kazaa= :evil:

I wonder if this is the same song that's in the latest commercial for the movie, where it talks about the nominations. It sure sounds like it could be Bono singing that!

I wonder if that particular song is on Kazaa anywhere...

damn now i have to see the commercial, heh...

celia, there are better reasons to see the film than to hear bono sing...trust me...

Headache in a Suitcase said:
no the song in the commercials is actually the mix of Hands that they play in the closing scene of the movie

Oh, okay. I wonder if that one is available for download. I really liked it, until I had to leave the theater because it was so dang loud, it hurt my ears.

...sigh... walking out on U2. Hardest thing I've ever had to do. :wink:

corianderstem said:

Oh, okay. I wonder if that one is available for download. I really liked it, until I had to leave the theater because it was so dang loud, it hurt my ears.

...sigh... walking out on U2. Hardest thing I've ever had to do. :wink:

they're going to show the movie on campus in may and i'm wondering how much of the song they'll leave rolling with the credits. i plan to wait until the last second. let's see if they throw me out.

Back
Top Bottom