SeaSide Radio (UK) // The U2 Interference show

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

waynetravis

Blue Crack Supplier
SeaSide Radio (UK) U2 Interferers dedication // Part 2

We're back with a brand, spanking new thread. :wave:

For those who don't know what goes on here, I'll tell you. :nerd:

My dad does a 2 hour radio show for our local station, Sea Side Radio, on Tuesday's and Thursday's
During the last 30mins of the shows he plays a U2 / Bono country music style song, and dedicates it to you lot, and reads a long list of forum members to dedicate it to.

Off the top of me head here is a list of featured songs:

Slow Dancing
Stars go Blue
Johnny Cash's One
Heartland
Van Dieman's Land
If God Will Send His Angels

Hopefully we can keep this going as we have many songs that still haven't been played yet.

The show's details:

Tuesday - 10am to 1pm UK time
Thursday - 2pm - 4pm UK time

The Thursday show is main show where the new song and names are called. Tuesday is just a repeat.

You can listen live on the internet at www.seasideradio.co.uk and click the ''listen in'' linky.

Or wait 10 to 14mins after the show for Vincent Vega to post a link to the recording.
Somewhere there is a save file that has all the shows audio.

This Thursady we're hoping to do something special for B-man's birthday.
If you have birthday messages you can post here or PM them to me and I'll see if they can be read out live on air. :cute:

Also a song recommendation for Thursday aswell, please :D

If you want to be added to the name list please post your name and location.

Thank you :sexywink:

Okay, I'll be the first one since I have missed out so far.
I would LOVE to be part of this show and hope that your Dad can arrange something special for Bono's birthday.

I would like to be added to the list:

Silvia from Vienna/Austria

And my birthday wishes for B: man, that's difficult.

I just want to say: You are amazing and a real inspiration.

And I cannot think of a special song right now, I have to go look through the old thread to see what has already been played, so I may come back to this later.

Thank you wayne and thanks to your Dad! :up:

Hm, Summer Wine just came to mind. He did like When the Stars go Blue, but I'm not sure if Summer Wine fits into the country scheme.
Of course I wish Bono very well and we'll see each other on June 7. ;)

Thanks to you and your father for the great job.

Vincent Vega said:
Hm, Summer Wine just came to mind. He did like When the Stars go Blue, but I'm not sure if Summer Wine fits into the country scheme.
Of course I wish Bono very well and we'll see each other on June 7. ;)

Thanks to you and your father for the great job.

I was thinking that too. I think that if a song mentions "silver spurs", it is a pretty safe bet that it is indeed a country song. :wink:

Thanks again, Wayne, Mr. T, and VV for all that you do. :)

Oh yes, Summer Wine would be an excellent choice, especially considering this new version that is all over the radio now, but the Bono/Corrs version is just so much better!

I'd love to send a dedication to Bono to wish my Irish cowboy a happy birthday from Helen in Finland, and love to all my U2 pen pals and online buddies who might be listening! :wink:

Oh yeah, I agree with everyone else, Summer Wine is definately a country song and I was gonna suggest that next myself. :D

Last edited:
Re: SeaSide Radio (UK) U2 Interferers dedication // Part 2

waynetravis said:
We're back with a brand, spanking new thread. :wave:

For those who don't know what goes on here, I'll tell you. :nerd:

My dad does a 2 hour radio show for our local station, Sea Side Radio, on Tuesday's and Thursday's
During the last 30mins of the shows he plays a U2 / Bono country music style song, and dedicates it to you lot, and reads a long list of forum members to dedicate it to.

Off the top of me head here is a list of featured songs:

Slow Dancing
Stars go Blue
Johnny Cash's One
Heartland
Van Dieman's Land
If God Will Send His Angels

Hopefully we can keep this going as we have many songs that still haven't been played yet.

The show's details:

Tuesday - 10am to 1pm UK time
Thursday - 2pm - 4pm UK time

The Thursday show is main show where the new song and names are called. Tuesday is just a repeat.

You can listen live on the internet at www.seasideradio.co.uk and click the ''listen in'' linky.

Or wait 10 to 14mins after the show for Vincent Vega to post a link to the recording.
Somewhere there is a save file that has all the shows audio.

This Thursady we're hoping to do something special for B-man's birthday.
If you have birthday messages you can post here or PM them to me and I'll see if they can be read out live on air. :cute:

Also a song recommendation for Thursday aswell, please :D

If you want to be added to the name list please post your name and location.

Thank you :sexywink:

Coooool.......I missed this before!

OK.....Cherin from Sydney, Australia

Dear Bono,

Count your life by smiles, not tears.
Count your age by friends, not years.

Happy 51,687th Birthday!
(the number of registered Interferencers!)

Wayne!......Luv your work!!!!

unico said:
Can my birthday dedication to Bono be Mr. T singing "happy birthday to you" to him on the radio?

:lmao:

yes it can :yes:

Thanks everyone for your messages. see what can be aranged for Thursday's show.

:uhoh: can someone kind soul send me Summer Wine? :reject:

Dreaming with tears in my eyes has been played already. :)
Was beautiful. :)

On Thursday I can tune in a bit earlier in case your dad starts earlier with the Bono special. :)

Vincent Vega said:
On Thursday I can tune in a bit earlier in case your dad starts earlier with the Bono special. :)

Aha! you just reminded me.

between 3pm and 4pm he is gonna be playing 4 songs as part of Bono's birthday.
not sure which songs they are, but one of them is definetly Summer Wine which will be played after the name calling like usual.

so maybe if we get enough messages from members they can be read out at intervals during the hour :hmm:

i'll post more details tomorrow. :)

Awesome idea Wayne!! Thanks for letting us know!

I like the Summer Wine idea too...love that song :drool: I just wish that NZ's time was closer to yours so that I could hear your Dad's show.... :(

Here's my message

Dear Lord Demi-God Bono :D
Thanks for coming back to NZ after 13 long years. It was worth the wait. Best wishes for a wonderful birthday for you and Jordan.
Love and Peace,
Kim, Auckland NZ....

gluey said:
Awesome idea Wayne!! Thanks for letting us know!

I like the Summer Wine idea too...love that song :drool: I just wish that NZ's time was closer to yours so that I could hear your Dad's show.... :(

Here's my message

Dear Lord Demi-God Bono :D
Thanks for coming back to NZ after 13 long years. It was worth the wait. Best wishes for a wonderful birthday for you and Jordan.
Love and Peace,
Kim, Auckland NZ....

It's right, to hear it live might be a little too late for you.

But you can download the recordings and listen to it later. :)

anymore dedications to Bono??

dedications to be posted or PM'd to me before 1 30pm UK time tomorrow. if possible :)

the songs will be:

Slow Dancing
The Wanderer
Lost Highway and Lucile
and the main song is Summer Wine

im doing the name list now then im off to bed :crack:

Last edited:
Vincent Vega said:

It's right, to hear it live might be a little too late for you.

But you can download the recordings and listen to it later. :)

:hyper: cool!! I'll give that a go!

Oooh! I'll give a shout out.

Dear Bono,
You are such an inspiration to me, and thats saying a lot for a 12 year old! Happy Birthday to one of the coolest rockers on Earth!
-Maddy

:rockon:

Argh, my internet connection at my student flat was still down this morning, even though I phoned my internet provider yesterday afternoon. :madspit: :grumpy: And if still not repaired by the time I get back this afternoon, I will be well p:censored: , will have to phone again :rant: , and possibly miss the show if it's not repaired by then, just my rotten luck!! :scream: Oh well, least thanks to Vincent I'll be able to download the show when I go home on Friday!! :hug:

Last edited:
^ oooh, hope everything gets sorted in time :hug:

i think my dad said he will be starting the U2/Bono bit at 3.15pm UK time. 15mins early than usual :)

I don't know. It just happened here. I wanted to go getting a cake, but it started raining.
Luckily, it stopped shortly after so I finally got my cake. :)

Now I'm ready recording the show. :happy:

It's actually sunny here in Vienna, but it rained yesterday and this morning, now it's pretty warm.
Got myself a very healthy organic cake but I won't be able to eat it until I come home at around 9.30 p. m., since I have one of my literature classes this evening.
VV, thank you for recording and uploading, I am looking very much forward to hearing it, can't listen to it since I am at work now.
Thank you wayne and your dad!!!!

Back
Top Bottom