Saw Vertigo live from Milan video last night

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

theu2fly

Refugee
Wow... really well done.

My only complaint is that during the final Vertigo, Hamish seemed to have gone a lil overboard with the camera switching, maybe it's promo, or has something to do with the song Vertigo (theme) itself.

But I was amazed to see the band, performing Vertigo 2, just... so... relaxed and having fun? Larry was having a lot of fun too, Bono sings "Just give me what I want, and no one gets hurt..." and you can see Larry mouth "1, 2, 3, 4" and then they launch back into it.

Then the Milano crowd singing "Oh, oh oh, oh" Simply stunning.

Definitely looking forward to the Live Milan DVD instead.

No, HH went crazy on Vetigo on the Chicago release as well.

"LOL TEH song iz VERTIGO so kamera angels hev to give U VERTIGO"

AM I RITE?

I just uploaded a YSI link to it for a friend, but I don't think I am allowed to post it here.

KUEFC09U2 said:
is it just me or does bono sing "all of this, all of this can be your batman"?

:lol: yeah, I think he really does say "batman"!

Also I'm curious why in the beginning of the song he says "Mike, Michael, Andy, alright fellows, let's go". Is he parodying somebody or what? He also said these words before All Because of You performed for BBC radio in November 2004, as far as I remember.

Last edited:
The trojan is not on the video, I am sure of that, probably the you send it site has some adware or shit like that in their advertisements.

Zooropean103 said:

Also I'm curious why in the beginning of the song he says "Mike, Michael, Andy, alright fellows, let's go". Is he parodying somebody or what? He also said these words before All Because of You performed for BBC radio in November 2004, as far as I remember.

It reminds me of Ballroom Blitz by Sweet, the opening to that is simalar and two of the names are the same

Zooropean103 said:

:lol: yeah, I think he really does say "batman"!

Members of REM :)

Mike Mills
Michael Stipe

REM was in attendance for the show, Bono sings a snippet of "Everbody hurts" after Beautiful Day, and "It's the end of the world" after Vertigo.

Irishteen said:

It reminds me of Ballroom Blitz by Sweet, the opening to that is simalar and two of the names are the same

I was just about to say Mick & Andy are names of memebrs of Sweet...

Back
Top Bottom