Savor the moment.. This is exciting. - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 11-23-2004, 09:07 PM   #1
War Child
 
baker6621's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Earth, why have borders?
Posts: 594
Local Time: 03:36 AM
Savor the moment.. This is exciting.

Guys, I used to come here all the time. I'd post and lurk on Interference 24/7. After ATYLB, the tours, and everything, I discovered a lot of new music. Old punk, new punk, ambient, instrumental, classic rock, hell - even country. I got into so many different bands. The people around me, who always saw me in my house watching U2 videos 24/7, asked - what happened to your favorite band? Are they not your favorite band anymore?

Two things had happened. One, I had gotten so much U2 in such a short time (went to 5 shows, my first ever..including NYC after 9/11 which was the GREATEST show in the history of the world - and my life), bought every album, every collectors item, etc. The other, which came later, was different music. For some reason I saw U2 as not as good as I used to make them out to be. I heard Vertigo and I didn't really like it (it's still not my fav..but). Don't get me wrong - I knew they'd always have a special place in my heart - but I thought I would never regain that love.

Until recently. I must say, after attending the show in NYC, and being around so many U2 fans and picking up the collectors edition at midnight and listening all night, watching the DVD is that - They're back. I'm back. This CD is unbelievable. I held out. I didn't listen to Vh1, MTV, or U2.com. What an incredible CD. I almost fell to the ground during some of these songs. WOW.

I must say I'm rambling, but, here is the question. How do you feel the general public has felt about the album thus far? I was reading USA TODAY and they quoted as saying it was their best ever, even better than AB and JT (Which I think is impossible). But I truly feel this album is special. Every song is good. ATYCLB was awesome - but some songs lacked.

I know we all love it - but how does the rest of the world think?
__________________

baker6621 is offline  
Old 11-23-2004, 09:11 PM   #2
The Fly
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 179
Local Time: 03:36 AM
Re: Savor the moment.. This is exciting.

Quote:
Originally posted by baker6621
Guys, I used to come here all the time. I'd post and lurk on Interference 24/7. After ATYLB, the tours, and everything, I discovered a lot of new music. Old punk, new punk, ambient, instrumental, classic rock, hell - even country. I got into so many different bands. The people around me, who always saw me in my house watching U2 videos 24/7, asked - what happened to your favorite band? Are they not your favorite band anymore?

Two things had happened. One, I had gotten so much U2 in such a short time (went to 5 shows, my first ever..including NYC after 9/11 which was the GREATEST show in the history of the world - and my life), bought every album, every collectors item, etc. The other, which came later, was different music. For some reason I saw U2 as not as good as I used to make them out to be. I heard Vertigo and I didn't really like it (it's still not my fav..but). Don't get me wrong - I knew they'd always have a special place in my heart - but I thought I would never regain that love.

Until recently. I must say, after attending the show in NYC, and being around so many U2 fans and picking up the collectors edition at midnight and listening all night, watching the DVD is that - They're back. I'm back. This CD is unbelievable. I held out. I didn't listen to Vh1, MTV, or U2.com. What an incredible CD. I almost fell to the ground during some of these songs. WOW.

I must say I'm rambling, but, here is the question. How do you feel the general public has felt about the album thus far? I was reading USA TODAY and they quoted as saying it was their best ever, even better than AB and JT (Which I think is impossible). But I truly feel this album is special. Every song is good. ATYCLB was awesome - but some songs lacked.

I know we all love it - but how does the rest of the world think?

:waving middle finger at the rest of the world:


I don't care, it kicks ass!!
__________________

Erin go bragh is offline  
Old 11-23-2004, 09:13 PM   #3
The Fly
 
shooboxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 72
Local Time: 03:36 AM
im floored by it all. You are right - that feeling lightheadedness goes away after a while - but its all back *blam!*. I cant wait to see these song performed live. Unfortunately im on the wrong coast and couldnt see them in NYC but watching them on SNL put a knot in my stomach. im feeling it all again.
shooboxx is offline  
Old 11-23-2004, 09:13 PM   #4
War Child
 
Lisa71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Tampa
Posts: 678
Local Time: 11:36 PM
I work with a lot of teenagers and I'm shocked that a couple of them have come up to me and told me how much they like the new single. I had one tell me she was going to buy their record today. So, I think that's pretty cool. I always like to 'convert' people
Lisa71 is offline  
Old 11-23-2004, 09:19 PM   #5
New Yorker
 
The Disciple's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,596
Local Time: 10:36 PM
Re: Re: Savor the moment.. This is exciting.

Quote:
Originally posted by Erin go bragh



:waving middle finger at the rest of the world:


I don't care, it kicks ass!!
I'm with U, waving the finger.....naysayers can eat s**t as far as I'm concerned!
The Disciple is offline  
Old 11-23-2004, 09:24 PM   #6
War Child
 
baker6621's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Earth, why have borders?
Posts: 594
Local Time: 03:36 AM
Hahaha and oh yeah - remember to Savor this moment! This is huge! We won't get these times back. Enjoy. Seriously. U2 are definatley far from over - but this won't last forever.

Enjoy this moment in time, just like with ATYCLB. It's so special.
baker6621 is offline  
Old 11-23-2004, 09:27 PM   #7
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Ohio
Posts: 5,176
Local Time: 03:36 AM
The next year/year and a half is going to be an amazing time to be a U2 fan. You better enjoy all of it, b/c after that it's back to waiting and resuming normal life. (shudders)

I had big plans to have a girlfriend by now. I've been single since the summer, and I was going to ask out some ladies, get back in the game. Then I realized that if I had a girlfriend, that'd mean less U2 concert money. So, it's all going on hold. haha.

I think that the teenagers that buy HTDAAB are going to be disapointed, or shocked anyway. Vertigo is a simple song, marketable and easily taken in by teens. They buy the album, and find that the rest of it is mature, and not geared towards youth at all. But, U2 got their sale anyway.
The_acrobat is offline  
Old 11-23-2004, 10:09 PM   #8
Blue Crack Addict
 
starsgoblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Looking for direction to perfection
Posts: 17,828
Local Time: 10:36 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by The_acrobat
The next year/year and a half is going to be an amazing time to be a U2 fan.

Yes...it's going to be something we all are going to treasure. I didn't think the last time around could be topped....I am beyond excited for this coming year.
__________________

starsgoblue is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:36 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com
×