Savage Garden- Its over!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
well, its OVER folks, no more

er.. i for one didnt bother too much with them because they were the biggest sellouts in australian rock and roll history since the one before it

they are not crowded house, AC/DC or powderfinger for that matter where they feasted on 'the little kiddies' out there with their emotionally bland tunes that bordered on material churned out by boy bands

well darren hayes is planning a solo career to keep it going

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

HOLY FUCK NO FUCKING WAY, ACH MAN!!! THEY ROCKED ASS FOR FUCK SAKE AND NOW THEY WAVE BYE BYE TO THE GUITAR AND MICROPHONE THAT SAIL ACROSS THE OCEAN TO FIND AN ISLAND SOMEWHERE FOR JOHNNY SWALLOW.....ANYWAY, NO MAN THATS AWFUL AND I FUCKING ADORED TRULY MADLY DEEPLY AND THAT OTHER SONG......OH WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU CALL IT!!!!!!! THAT ONE 'I BELIVE IN BLAH BLAH BLAH'....FOR FUCK SAKE THAT SONG FUCKING ROCKED HIGHER THAN A FUCKIN SOUND SYSTEM ON LEGS FOR FUCK SAKE.........

anyway, sorry to hear the bad news......

Good thing Aus hates em. Would hate to see Tall Poppy Syndrome raise its ugly head.

They are one of Australia's greatest acts.
They are only outsold by I believe, Kylie.
They cannot be compared to AC/DC or Crowded House, who are not only different types of musicians, but also only half as successful.

Crashed car, this isn't personal at all, but everyone, if you wanna knock something, knock something that failed, not something that had such a huge amount of success.

Aussie attitude, my arse.

Well, frankly I didn't think they were that bad, and I have a massive soft spot for Truly Madly Deeply. And I keep meaning to buy their CDs (yes, I said it) but so far I haven't.

But they certainly aren't Crowded House. (People? Are Crowded House Aussie or Kiwi??) I recently bought Neil Finn's two solo albums. I tell you...those are two of the best albums EVER recorded. I probably like them better than any CH album except Together Alone. Buy them. Now.

Despite my little liking for Savage Garden, I'm not enough of a fan to be heartbroken if they did break up.

------------------
"I am so amazingly cool you could keep a side of meat in me for a month. I am so hip I have difficulty seeing over my pelvis." -Zaphod Beeblebrox

I miss Men at Work.

------------------
-The Shitty Beatles? Are they any good?

-They suck!

-So it's not just a clever name...

Told this story once before, this may be the last...I went to see a band in a tiny pub near here quite a while ago now. The drummer grew up here and had moved to Brisbane when he left school.First up I loved their name "Red Edge"
smile.gif
and was very impressed with the young singer, they were very tight for ones so young. The singer and guitarist decided to become a duo(lots of people got midi systems in that period, can't blame them)it's what the venues wanted mainly. Anyways a few years later I saw them on TV, they were Savage garden and the singer was getting himself interviewed and saying he wanted to be like Bono ( to which I thought"in ya dreams sunshine." lol)so that's my little SG story.I loved truly madly deeply too....I want to bathe with you in the sea...ahhhhhhh
I don't know their music that well.But I am glad I saw Red Edge.

LadyLemon, Men at Work performed live with INXS at the footy grandfinal last week.

scatteroflight Neil Finn, a man born in New Zealand but who came to Australia with his older brother's band Split Enz in the mid 70's, is a truly beautiful songwriter. try whistling this
smile.gif

Originally posted by cass:

scatteroflight Neil Finn, a man born in New Zealand but who came to Australia with his older brother's band Split Enz in the mid 70's, is a truly beautiful songwriter. try whistling this
smile.gif

Yes, I completely love Neil Finn, I have everything by Crowded House and I just bought his two solo albums and if possible I like them even better...It's just that I'm not sure if they're considered to be from Australia or NZ, I've seen them called both.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom