Santa was Good To Me!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

caligemini

The Fly
I'm so excited! My hubby got me the U2 Ipod for Christmas. I'm so lucky!

I was wondering did anyone else get this for Christmas? I'm so thrilled. I hope those of you that wanted it, got it too.

Merry Christmas!

Wow! That is a great gift. I didn't get an iPod for Christmas, but my sister did get me the Slane dvd. I already own the Slane dvd. She thought that she was buying the Slane cd. I am going to sell the dvd on e-Bay and buy the cd myself. Other than the dvd, I didn't get anything U2. Even though, I did get everything I needed. Anyways, I would rather get the U2 stuff myself, that way I get exactly what I want. Well, hopefully everyone got what they wanted! Hope everyone and your families have a safe and Merry Christmas.

I got the U2 iPod too, although def not amused that you still have to pay $100 to get the Complete U2 on top of the almost $400 I already spent on the thing itself. The ads are so misleading, they make it seem like the iPod will come fully loaded with all the U2 songs, but that's def not the case. Very annoyed. I was all for the iPod till I discovered this. U2 should step up on that one bc that's ridiculous

Me too! My mom got U2 Show for me, and I've already drooled quite heavily on the pages. The Zoo TV section is just the best! :drool: :drool:

I didn't get anything U2, I also prefer to pick my own stuff, but I did get a blouse from Ukraine, which is really pretty with embroidery, a beautiful book about Middle Eastern rugs, a gift certificate from the art store, a strange clock/radio with a projector thingie on it that makes it possible to display the time on my ceiling in lights, and an appointment book in a famous medieval design.

Last edited:
ooh, i got U2 Show as well - soo pretty :drool:
and my best mate got me the inflatable U2 trabant from Zoo TV days - only 500 made apparently! i love it - it goes with my inflatable lemon, my family thinks i'm :coocoo:

I got the U2 ipod for my birthday a few weeks ago, but my in-laws gave me the coolest gift ever today. They are taking the whole family to a show of my choosing (within reason of course) during the new tour!!!!

How cool is that?

awsome, Dalton!!!
got 2 copies of U2 show (one from my best friends, one from my boyfriend)
and the Slane DVD from my parents

I have no idea what I'm to do with two copies of U2 show! any suggestions??

caligemini said:
I'm so excited! My hubby got me the U2 Ipod for Christmas. I'm so lucky!

I was wondering did anyone else get this for Christmas? I'm so thrilled. I hope those of you that wanted it, got it too.

Merry Christmas!

Me too!!! I saw a square box under the tree and could not believe it. My girls were so excited to give it to me.

Now if only I can finish downloading the Complete U2.

Happy Holidays!!!

Re: Re: Santa was Good To Me!

sortofhomecoming said:

Me too!!! I saw a square box under the tree and could not believe it. My girls were so excited to give it to me.

Now if only I can finish downloading the Complete U2.

Happy Holidays!!!

If you have DSL or slower I will see you in the new year.....

It took me forever to download....

Dalton said:
BTW

What is "U2 Show"?

It's a lovely lovely book filled with photgraphs of live U2 shows. From Joshua Tree through the Super Bowl. It also has interviews with the crew, like Willie Williams and Ned O'Hanlon. I really recommend it.

miss becky said:

It's a lovely lovely book filled with photgraphs of live U2 shows. From Joshua Tree through the Super Bowl. It also has interviews with the crew, like Willie Williams and Ned O'Hanlon. I really recommend it.

Very cool. Thank you,

Off topic but I went and saw the Polar Express yesterday with my little sister. It was very cool. IMAX 3D is the coolest thing ever.

firstlove said:
I have no idea what I'm to do with two copies of U2 show! any suggestions??

You could always send one copy to me! :wink:

I got sirius satellite radio - i am already in love with the little thing as it has played a couple of u2 songs (all because of you, Until the end of the world and elevation in the past 2 hours I've had it on). I'm starting to look at it in the same manner that I look at the ipod - unconditional music geek love :)
I also got the Live Aid DVD set so when I have a spare 10 hours I might put that on:wink:

My best friend got me a copy of the April 27, 1987 issue of TIME magazine. It's a nice gift, one of the best I got this Christmas. I'll start a post about the cover story in that mag when I have time. U2 were really different back then, but perhaps in a better way.

Cheers,

J

I was hoping for the U2 I-Pod, but I got a bunch of U2 magazines. Two Q magazines with them on the cover, Blender, Spin, and Rolling Stone. My mom even bought the New York Post from Nov. 23 '04 after the NYC Brooklyn Bridge Concert, theres a nice spread in there.

I got a model replica of Edge's Explorer guitar :yes: (not actual size, of course), a framed pic of U2 (with my pic superimposed), "U2 Show" book & an unoffical 2005 U2 calendar :)

My dad gave me the U2 iPod. I had "hinted" at wanting one, but to increase my chances of actually getting one, I only asked for a mini. He surprised me with the U2 edition! :hyper:

My father knows me well. :D

I was totally surpised by the wife today...she got me the U2 Ipod. All month long she was saying "You are NOT getting a U2 Ipod for Christmas" and I was like, "fine"...I never even asked for it...too damn expensive...then she pulled the old psych job and got it for me. I am kinda freaking out I am so surprised. It is really cool...I hadn't even held one before...it is so sleak and it just feels like quality...so much better than my old 64MB RIO which felt like cheapo plastic. I told her I was not worthy...and she was like "well, If anyone should have the U2 Ipod, it is you" awww...I was blushing. Very sweet.
In other news, my sister got me the Neil McCormick(sp?) book "Killing Bono" which looks pretty good. Feeling pretty lucky, today.
:wink:

My mom-in-law is giving me $500 for my U2 Travel Fund ( :up: kick ass!! :yes: ) and two of my best friends got U2 Show for me... I have fondled it repeatedly and intend on sleeping with it for the next week! :lmao:

I got the U2 Ipod as well i was shocked, when i saw this box under the tree and my parents were grinning all strange ...i had slightly hinted myself that i wanted the Ipod but i never expected them to go through with getting it.
Well when they told me open that one first and i saw this black box i nearly fell of my chair..i was totally excited...

Its the most amazing thing i looooove it i'm having fun loading songs into it...i can fit so much in there its incredible....ok has you can guess i've never owned an ipod before ...lol but wow i'm inpressed...hehe
I also love the signatures in the back...yay!!!

I got my U2 show book a month ago has a little present to myself off amazon and i agree that book is a drool fest.. ohh i love U2

Anyhoo Merry Christmas everyone! :)

I got Killing Bono and the R&H DVD. I'm about 50 pgs. into Killing Bono and I'll watch R&H tomorrow or the next day. It's a good thing I got it because my tape is getting worn out. Now, when are they going to release the rest of them!?

I'm thinking that the iPod will be a B-day present in February. We just had too many 'house' things we had to get this year and disguise them as Christmas presents. However, I did get a George Forman grill which is pretty dang cool!

Looks like I need to check out the show book.

Merry Christmas

My friend got me the Live In Boston DVD. I love it! I seriously need to get U2 concert tickets for my birthday after watching it twice already! :D

I got a U2 Ipod, an Epiphone Les Paul Classic Quilt-top (Vintage Sunburst), a Roland RS70 Keyboard Synth/Sequencer, a Korg PX4 (with its nice Vox AC30TB amp modelling) and a black knit cap . . . Mister The Edge, watch out!!!

Merry Christmas Everybody!

Santa brought me the U2 iPod!!!!!!!!! I'm so excited! I named her Wild Honey. She is so pretty.

I haven't actually loaded her with songs yet, though. I spent all afternoon before Christmas dinner updating my computer from Windows ME to XP. Then I've been renaming all my mp3s so that it will properly order them. But Honey will be ready to go tommorow! :dance:

I got a Joshua Tree era poster from my girlfriend. It's very cool. I'm getting it framed and put on my wall.

Back
Top Bottom