Salome remix

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah, it's very different.

But it's also kinda strange that they're releasing it as new. This mix was on Melon, which was released to Prop subscribers in '95. I suppose most people haven't heard it, I guess.

I'm all excited for the NEW remixes. I still haven't heard Gone or Numb. They should be good, if the first 2 are any indication.

-Mike

Mike P said:
But it's also kinda strange that they're releasing it as new. This mix was on Melon, which was released to Prop subscribers in '95. I suppose most people haven't heard it, I guess.
Ah, THAT's why it sounded so familiar. :der:

Yeah, it's different allright. The difference is it's awful.

"Salome" is one of the all-time great B-sides. Now that it's finally being released to a large audience via the Best Of album, why on earth has U2 opted for the Zooromancer mix? It's so clearly inferior to the original.

I'm already disappointed that they have included more remixes than out-takes on this B-sides collection (so there's no "Where Did It All Go Wrong," "Holy Joe," "Satellite of Love," "Paint It Black," "Alex Descends into Hell, "Always," etc.). But they haven't even picked the best remixes -- where's the Lounge mix of "The Fly"? the Perfecto "Lemon"? the Deep Extended "Discotheque"?

The first Best Of was done so beautifully. It's a shame they're making such a botch of this second one. Only thing about I like about it is the cover art, which is brilliant.

Last edited:
Mike P said:

Now worries.. nowhere has anyone said they're trying to pass it off as new.

Last edited:
Am I Zoo said:
But they haven't even picked the best remixes -- where's the Lounge mix of "The Fly"? the Perfecto "Lemon"? the Deep Extended "Discotheque"?

Hell, where's the Perfecto mix of Mysterious Ways? I STILL think that's the best U2 remix I've ever heard. The guitars are amazing!!!

-Mike

is it a " zooromancer mix " from one of AB singles , dance version , jesus , if it is , it's my favourite b-side by U2 .
Viva Disco !!!!

:crazy:

The vocal is highlighted very well on this remix. I don't remember being as impressed with the vocal on the regular version but the rest of the music on this remix is crap. Not to be negative, but I think it's an absolute indignity that didn't put the regular version of Salome on here. It's got so much more of a "nasty" feel to it than this zooromancer version which is what I think makes the song.

I believe that that this remix was also on the WGRYWH single that was released in the UK.

Which for me brings up another sore point about the B-sides disc. In addition to being surprised by the missing b-sides (most of which Am I Zoo pointed out) in favor of lousy b-sides (like Happiness is a Warm Gun) and remixes, I 'm VERY disappointed that they we missed the opportunity to get outthose rare mixes that cost big $ on ebay. How about Numb's Perfecto Mix? How about Can't Help Falling in Love Triple Peaks or Mystery Train remixes?

i liked this remix , i alwys imagine video for it , like Bono with Fly shades in darkness , Edge , larry doin the bit , Adam with bass

Back
Top Bottom