"Saints" full video

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I know I'm late to this discussion, but...

I think the video is pretty kick-ass. Glad to see a little blunt fighting commentary from the band again. What's great is that when you watch it the first time & see them adding in government help that never happened, you wonder why on earth they're re-writing history in favor of a gov't that f'd up big time. Then you get a great "oh, snap!" at the very end. :wink: Very nice.

Nuala said:
Originally posted by Ntalwar
Perhaps you haven't seen Edge's N.O. interview from a few months ago where he cries at the end. This is about a lot more than musical instruments. Anger is justified when so much neglect has been shown and promises broken. There have already been many ads for Music Rising of the nature you speak of. It's time to take them to the next level.

ntalwar, yes, I have seen that video and it moved me enormously. That is why I did donate to Music Rising and go to New Orleans and contribute. The idea of Music Rising is an awesome idea and I still think it is... it just shouldn't be turned into a political bash party. That is when it loses it credibility to me. I mean, it associates helping the people of New Orleans with dissing the US Government. Why did they have to tie the two together?

And what exactly is political here?

That is, nowhere in this video is there any direct comment against Bush or Republicans.

What it does show is the truth - that the current U.S. policy makers were more concerned about the war in Iraq - a war they started - then they are about helping their own people. This is truth, not politics.

Now, I'm not saying the people of New Orleans are completely innocent. Around the same time of this disaster, an e-mail circulated about a devastating blizzard up north. It blocked roads and people were without power. Yet, there was no emergency Federal aid, no one asked for handouts. People there, knowing they live in a part of the world that could get damaged like this, were more prepared - and they dealt with it. I feel too many people in New Orleans were either in denial or waiting for handouts. This also includes local government there.

Still, once the disaster happened, the Federal government should have responded a LOT better. That didn't happen. So I agree with this video and don't see anything political about it.

Awesome video. I'm sure that ultra-liberal Edge and ultra-liberal Billie Joe managed to convince ultra-middle-of-the-road (at least publicly, because he has to be) Bono to give a great big middle finger to the White House at long last.

Great vid. Finally, a politically-charged, non-fence sitting, side-taking U2!

Back
Top Bottom