Sadness but U2 comes through...as always...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2SavesTheWorld

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
Hi everyone. I know you didn't get a chance to know my very well before but I left and now I'm back.
Why was I gone? Don't want to bring the party down but my dad died suddenly 8/15. Very weird. He was in great shape....training for his 30th marathon and he had a heart attack.
Anyway, I'm not trying to be a downer but I wanted to come back to this cathartic place as soon as possible.

On a weirder note....when we were planning the funeral my family (including my mom-I'm an only child) and I were picking songs for the mass and people said, "It would be great if they could play a U2 song for Mary-Kathleen (thats me)".
It was so touching and so beautiful, it really was.

As we left the funeral, the female singer sang "Walk On" in this beautiful voice all alone.

It was amazing and I couldn't have asked for a better song.

Things will never, ever be the same for me but the music will get me through this, as it always has.

God bless...
MK

It's amazing what the music of U2 can do for us.

We sit here and bitch about what albums we love/hate etc.

But I think your story is a great example of what this place and U2 is all about.

In the end it's a deeply personal experiance that touches our souls in a way that we can't explain or understand, but has an impact that goes far beyond the petty issues of our daily lives.

Take care of yourself and your family.

Nick

I just changed my signature...now I know why

My deepest condolences to you and your family Mary Kathleen.
Thank you for sharing what you have experienced with us. We learn from and hopefully give strength to one another, especially in times like this. I'm sorry.

my dad runs marathons and i wory about him when he does

times like these i love U2 even more
i mean what a band!

always keep listening, MK

:sad: Thank you for sharing your story with us.

U2's music really is a powerful thing. I know that it has helped me through some tough times, and I think that too often we lose sight of that amidst all the bitching.

Take care.

:hug: stay safe tonight

May God see you through and may you listen to His Love for you through the music.

A friend of mine lost her husband last December and I gave her ATYCLB to listen to when she felt like it. I think it helped her a great deal. :heart:

One love...

I'm sorry to hear of your loss Mary Kathleen. It was beautiful to hear of your families sensitivity in having a U2 song played for you, to know how much their music means to you in your time of sorrow. I lost my father at the age of 17, and for a year I found myself in a deep, dark depression. It was a song that will forever remind me of the power of music to lift the soul that brought me out of that period in my life. The song 'I Will Follow'. U2 means the world to me, because at the early age of 18, a year after my father's tragic death, a song helped me to start living again. I agree that there is far to much negativity and petty fighting of which album is better than this album, or why this album is so superior, while this albums is so bad...a post like this should bring the power of U2's music into perspective, and realize that we only have this one life to live, and thank God we have the music of U2 to take us from heartache to joy, a healing balm for life's darkest moments, life's longest season.

Chris

Re: I just changed my signature...now I know why

cass said:
My deepest condolences to you and your family Mary Kathleen.
Thank you for sharing what you have experienced with us. We learn from and hopefully give strength to one another, especially in times like this. I'm sorry.

I make mine cass?s words. God bless you MK.

:hug:

so so sorry to hear about your loss...

"...I'll see you again when the stars fall from the sky and the moon has turned red..."

ouizy

I'm very sorry :sad: I really do know what you're going through, the shock, the heartbreak, the grief, the misery. I lost my Daddy in a terrible car wreck. :( :sad: :hug:

Last edited:
Thank you all

Wow. I don't even know what to say to these posts.
I was not asking for, nor expecting, any responses but this is just amazing.
It really brought a tear to my eye to read your incredibley kind thoughts.
Thank you so much for your kindness and your sympathy.
This band is more than U2. It is a sourse of healing, happiness, kindness, fun, excitement, joy, sadness, reletivity, and emotion.
Sometimes, I wonder if they truly know their impact on us.
I wish that I could tell them what they have done for me in this situation and in every situation.
They and their words are truly a beacon of light in sea of confusion and normalcy.
God bless you all and I will see you where the streets have no names....
MK

My sympathies MK
Without my knowledge beforehand, MLK was played at my father's funeral for me 2 years ago.
Thank you for sharing your story.

Back
Top Bottom