Rush Limbaugh, that ass!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
From Rush, by way of our friends at U2log.com...

"It was just a sight to behold. Here you have some of the most important people in the world going nuts over this brain-fried, maggot-infested, dope-smoking, long-haired, purple-finger nailed, multi-colored hair, FM type, who has to be laughing all the way back to California. I'm sure it's the same way Bono is laughing after convincing official world leaders he has something to offer to the Third World debt crisis."

What an ass!

CK

[This message has been edited by Krasno The Great (edited 05-08-2002).]

the only thing Rush has to offer to the world is propoganda

I know everyone will say "oh well," and I guess there's nothing that can be done, but people have to understand that millions of people listen to him and take his word as the gospel

it's too bad every reaction Limbaugh has is just standard company policy

Yeah, what Wanderer said.

------------------
I did my best, it wasn't much
I couldn't feel so I learned to touch
I've told the truth, I didn't come to fool you

If Rush actually supported Bono, I'd be stunned. But I wouldn't expect someone so ridiculously conservative - to the point of being downright selfish - to back Bono.

Based on Rush's life, it appears he has paid a rather heavy price for his attitude (weight issues and now deafness). I guess there can be some justice in this world.

Rush is loosing credibity w/me lately.
frown.gif

It also makes me question views of his that I thought were accurate to take a differnt look at them now, based on these latest observations which are INACCURATE, about Bono.
Pisses me off.
mad.gif

One day I hope to make it thru as a caller on his show to have a dialouge w him to expose his ignorance.
wink.gif

To equate Ozzy w Bono is completely ludicrous.
confused.gif

Out-
diamond

------------------
AIM= diamondbruno9

[This message has been edited by diamond (edited 05-08-2002).]

Bono and Ali. The looks on their faces say it all!

rocca-bono-ali01.jpg

What's wrong with Rush? He's really hit a new low.

------------------
When you stop taking chances and stay where you sit you won't live any longer but it'll feel like it!

[This message has been edited by Summer~Rain (edited 05-08-2002).]

Summer-
I think Rush was referring to Ozzy's recent visit to a fucntion where Pres. Bush acknowledged him, I think, may be wrong.
And then Rush, took liberty to compare Bono w Ozzy, correct me if I am wrong.

diamond

------------------
AIM= diamondbruno9

Diamond, I was thinking it HAD to be someone else he was thinking of and not Bono, but as much as Rush had been losing it lately I wouldn't put anything past him, I knew it didn't describe him but I thought he was losing it. Still it's rude about Ozzy, who is a cool dude. Rush has really taken a dive lately and maybe he should just give up. Okay I take it back (edit)
wink.gif

Anyhow~I hope you enjoyed the pic!
smile.gif

------------------
When you stop taking chances and stay where you sit you won't live any longer but it'll feel like it!

Originally posted by martha:
My thoughts exactly. Why anybody even gives that goofball the time of day is beyond me.

Look, I do not like Limbaugh. He is conservative to the point of fanaticism, he is EXTREMELY Biased, he rarely if ever gives credit to democrats or anyone that is not conservative, he is very narcisistic, self-absorbed, condescending, obnoxious, never admits when he is wrong, predictable, he despise liberals,....you get the point.

However, he is intelligent and he says many things that are true. What were his original thoughts on Bono? If anyone knows anything else that he has said about Bono, please fill me in.

I assume that he probably thinks that the leaders of the poor countries are to blame for not running their countries properly and these leaders will probably take the money that is funded to them through drop the debt and use it for themselves and not give much of it to the people that need it most.
Basically, I would bet that he feels that the people in these 3rd world nations are to blame for being is such dire straits. I know this is an assumption, but many conservative pundits have had the same opinion.

He does have a point there. However, his thinking is soooo myopic, that I wonder if he even cares for anyone but himself. What a shame that so many people like him(20 million a week!; personally, I think Bill Oreilly is much better and more fair and objective)

[This message has been edited by MBH (edited 05-09-2002).]

Originally posted by doctorwho:

Based on Rush's life, it appears he has paid a rather heavy price for his attitude (weight issues and now deafness). I guess there can be some justice in this world.
What would happen if I said something to the effect of "Well, JFK deserved the bullet to his head because he was a Democrat"? I'll tell you what would happen - people would be all over me like white on rice. And I would deserve it.
Surely you can't really think that his "attitude" brought on his deafness? Surely you don't think he deserves deafness just because he happens to disagree with you?

Negative attitudes certainly can adversely affect one's health--and a lot of people see Rush's attitudes as often very negative and judgmental. However, there are many wonderful people with positive and healthy attitudes who struggle with weight issues and other health problems, so it's a complicated issue--many factors play into it (I would suggest karma being the biggest, but that's a whole other topic and perhaps not one taken very seriously in this forum).

But in general, the way I interpret doctorwho's comment is that one's inner reality can determine/affect one's outer reality.

Umm-
I listen to Rush for one reason-
BALANCE.
This is the same reason I listen to NPR.
Now all of you-
SETTLE DOWN.

Thank you-

DB9

------------------
AIM= diamondbruno9

Originally posted by notiti:
See I don't listen to Rush because I am a WOMAN. And therefore I mean nothing to him and my opinions are not valid. I mean granted I hate him mainly because I am an angry, young and poor punk girl but I still feel that he has no business within the political arena whatsoever. Any man that claims that feminism was started by "a bunch of ugly women" can go straight to hell.
hmmm...harsh words from someone who obviously doesn't know where Rush stands on certain issues. If you did, you'd know that women's opinions DO mean something to Rush and that he is NOT sexist. Also, the feminists that Rush does speak out against aren't the ones who simply think that women are equal to men, but those who have a chip on their shoulders; people like Patricia Ireland - women who constantly do nothing but male-bash.

Originally posted by 80sU2isBest:
What would happen if I said something to the effect of "Well, JFK deserved the bullet to his head because he was a Democrat"? I'll tell you what would happen - people would be all over me like white on rice. And I would deserve it.
Surely you can't really think that his "attitude" brought on his deafness? Surely you don't think he deserves deafness just because he happens to disagree with you?

Ah, but I did not write, "Rush deserves deafness because he is a Republican" nor did I write "I disagree with Rush, so I'm glad he's deaf." And I think it's a rather egregious stretch for you to interpret my very minimal comment in such a manner.

What I meant is that his constant negativity, to the point of slander (at times), coupled with his apparent inability to see the good in people or the good deeds that are done, most likely led to the rapid deterioration of his health.

I find a rather large difference between being a conservative Republican and being Rush Limbaugh. In fact, I feel his views are SO conservative, that I don't even consider him a Republican. I would say his beliefs are more in line with fascism - although, given the negative connotations associated with that word (as opposed to its true definition), I'll be flamed dearly for that statement.

*edited only the formatting, not the content.

[This message has been edited by doctorwho (edited 05-09-2002).]

I wont flame you Brother Who.
Just hurry up and email back,ok?
Thank you-

diamond

------------------
AIM= diamondbruno9

I won't flame you, doctorwho from MY TARDIS, although it's been a while since I have so I feel somewhat lacking.

I listen to Rush everyday on the way home from work. Diamond hit the nail on the head, I listen to him for balance. Like, he is my guide on where the cliff is and why I should use caution when near the edge of the cliff. I ever get this conservative then I will require multiple enimas.

I am growing tired of his daily bashing of President George W. Bush, yet I get downright slut-happy silly every time I hear him mention the names John McCain, Tom Daschle, Dick Gephardt.

Interestingly enough, he mentioned something today about Boeing that directly affects me if anybody caught that.

I hate Rush, because he is homophobic. People like that neither deserve my listenership, nor my respect.

Melon

------------------
"Still, I never understood the elevation of greed as a political credo. Why would anyone want to base a political programme on bottomless dissatisfaction and the impossibility of happiness? Perhaps that was its appeal: the promise of luxury that in fact promoted endless work." - Hanif Kureishi, Intimacy

Originally posted by melon:
I hate Rush, because he is homophobic. People like that neither deserve my listenership, nor my respect.

Melon

Well there are a lot of homophobic people in this world. The Bible says not to hate, so I wouldn't hate someone because they are homophobic, which in itself could be considered a form of hate. Rather you should pray for them that they can rise above their ignorance and fears.

i dont believe melon really "hates" rush because of that, but strongly disagrees with him. its a technicality, and im sure melon is aware of what the bible has to say about hatrid of any kind.

but i can say that rush is a pimp that needs someone like me to give him a 100 mph fastball in the nuts.

i respect people who have republican interests, but theyre politicians are just beyond stupid and uninformed.

------------------
after years of waiting, nothing came.

Back
Top Bottom