Running to Stand Still...ZooTV DVD...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cobl04

45:33
This performance of RtSS is by far the best I have seen. It's different to the album version, which is good, but the final verse especially, is just magical. I find myself doing the same actions as Bono does...pulling up the sleeve...rubbing his arm as he sings the final verse...and then as he injects the needle. The feeling I get when he slowly pulls it out and starts singing "alle alle ALLELUJA" is amazing. Sends a shiver down my body every time.

:up:

That was a beautiful performance. I watched it with my friend last night (a non-fan). I was in tears and she said "DAMN! He's got and incredible voice."

She loved the concert, but she said that the RTSS performance alone converted her.

I think I'd take the Halleluljahs over the "Still Running"s anyday.

And the followup with Streets...brilliant!

COBL_04 said:
This performance of RtSS is by far the best I have seen. It's different to the album version, which is good, but the final verse especially, is just magical. I find myself doing the same actions as Bono does...pulling up the sleeve...rubbing his arm as he sings the final verse...and then as he injects the needle. The feeling I get when he slowly pulls it out and starts singing "alle alle ALLELUJA" is amazing. Sends a shiver down my body every time.

:up:

:yes:

alle alle ALLELUJA alle alle ALLELUJAalle alle ALLELUJAalle alle ALLELUJAalle alle ALLELUJAalle alle ALLELUJAalle alle ALLELUJAalle alle ALLELUJAalle alle ALLELUJA

Love it.

Yeah. I never get tired of watching the Hallelujah part - simply incredible. Every non-fan should watch that part of the concert and see if they remain non-fans...

This is an incredible performance, along with

Streets
Bullet
Dirty Day
New Years Day
Lemon
Daddy's Gonna Pay
Love is Blindness

well, you can see where I'm going with this. :wink:

Lancemc said:
This is an incredible performance, along with

Streets
Bullet
Dirty Day
New Years Day
Lemon
Daddy's Gonna Pay
Love is Blindness

well, you can see where I'm going with this. :wink:

whole setlist ?

Ifeelnumb84 said:

Ya...what did you think "suffer the needle chill" meant?

Because it isn't about a blood test, that's for sure

AIDS test ?

I had heard the ZooTV version on a bootleg long before the DVD came out and its always inspired me. Me n some friends of mine did RTSS at a school talent show and we did it just like on Zoo. :drool:

BoyStupidBoy88 said:
I had heard the ZooTV version on a bootleg long before the DVD came out and its always inspired me. Me n some friends of mine did RTSS at a school talent show and we did it just like on Zoo. :drool:

lol , how did it good down ?

:yes: The highlight, along with Stay (Wim Wenders stole this song from the Beatles and we're stealing it back!) and Angel of Harlem for me.

BoyStupidBoy88 said:

Yeah I've always imagined that if I were to perform a song at school or something like that I would DEFINITELY sing Running to Stand Still. So amazing.

I showed the performance to one of my friends, he said it was the most boring song he had ever heard and he thought Bono was a retard.

I wasn't even angry. I just thought, "sad, sad, sad..."

Back
Top Bottom