RUMOUR: TOUR EXTENDED PAST MIAMI

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The_Sweetest_Thing

MacPhisto's serving wench
RUMOUR:

From the Yahoo GTA group:

Elevation Tour will be extended: Possible cities include Toronto, Washington....oh crap. I can't remember the last one. Skeek will know.

------------------
Your Catholic blues
Your convent shoes
Your stick-on tattoos
Now they're making the news
Your holy war
Your northern star
Your sermon on the mount
From the boot of your car

Please

I hope that other rumoured additional city turns out to be New Orleans. Do you have ANY idea how happy that would make me, if it were to happen?
smile.gif

They are going to add a few more U.S. shows around the time of the superbowl. You'll see.

Don't know about more dates in NA. But I have pretty secure information about them touring Europe next summer. It have been mentioned in head newspapers around here about talks between concertpromoters and U2. A close friend of mine has also talked in person with someone close to U2 about it that confirmed that they will tour europe but couldn't confirm any dates because the negotiations aren't finished yet.
About Australia, Bono himself told my friend, eye to eye just a week ago in Oakland that they won't tour Australia now because they have some good vibes going on in the studio, so that's where they are going next.

Even though it looks bright, I'm not jumping just yet, but saving money, yes, definatly!!

------------------
"U2 on it?s own is a very interesting group and all. But U2 with it?s audience is a culture" - Bono

http://community.webshots.com/user/misszooropa
Pictures from Copenhagen (shirtless ones), London and Dublin, Slane.

U2 are getting an awful lot of coordinated bigtime publicity right now. The Tonight Show, Super Bowl announcement, all the Thanksgiving U2 coverage, DVD release, British poll with Joshua Tree voted #1 album alltime . . . now it may be just to sell the DVD and to sell the "Walk On" single . . . but why not add a few more dates in large markets they know they can sell out? Adding more smaller markets wouldn't work - they're having all kinds of trouble selling out the current extension shows - but there's no way Toronto, Washington, and Boston wouldn't sell out.

Unfortunately, today is the last day to buy Miami plane tickets at not-horrendous prices - so if they announce it next week we'll still be hosed.

Well if what MissZooropa has heard is anything to go by, then U2 probably wouldn't be adding anymore US dates. They would end with Miami, go into the studio, and then head for a 4th leg in Europe. Perhaps they would add another US leg somewhere along the way though, since it would be following the release of a new material.

I love speculation... but I would really like to have solid facts--come on U2, let us know!
biggrin.gif

------------------
I put the fun in dysfunctional.

I think the "Elevation" tour will end in Miami. I think they are itching to get back in the studio. They have toured North America enough for the time being.

i wish they'd come back to pittsburgh. they skipped us on the third leg. but, it's time for this tour to stop.

------------------
"You can download an atmosphere and dial up a groove, but there's a certain magic when three musicians and a dyslexic get together and play in a room." -Bono

Love,
Emily

Visit my webpage for U2 wallpapers:
www.geocities.com/springtime5348/index.html

The city's desire to take me for more and more...

Back
Top Bottom