rumored "Boy" remaster tracklist

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I tsk to denote sarcasm. But I will miss the song not being on there.

I feel like a remastered special edition should include the ORIGINAL cover, but :sigh: oh well.

Nah, no sarcasm, I was joking around. :) Not the same thing but it sort of did remind me of the outcry on here when U2 changed a line in Mysterious Ways for the Best Of CD. Like it would suddenly change on everyones copy of Achtung Baby automatically and would vanish forever.

I do agree, I think they should have used the original cover. Certainly wont stop me from buying it though.

:lmao: Khan!

I think this is disappointing, although I'm curious what Saturday Night is.

Also, Amazon raised the price from 24 to 27 since I put Boy and October in my cart and didn't buy them.... I lose $6 :banghead:

I was hoping for a live version of Electric Co. remastered on the extras, but 14 tracks on the second disc is a lot. More than I would assume that they would offer. We'll see if this is true.

Maybe they will reissue all these tracks Axver mentions as some later release in the future.
These reissues are fantastic.
I just hope and pray that the achtung baby one includes NIGHT AND DAY and WILD IRISH ROSE!!!!!!!!!

I see the remastered version is going to have that crappy "stretched faces" cover to appease us sensitive Americans. :rolleyes:

Amazon.com: Boy: U2: Music

Edit: The UK version, too:
Amazon.co.uk: Boy: U2: Music

Because it bears repeating: :rolleyes:

Nah, this release is destined to have the original "Boy" cover from Europe. I think amazon US and UK just put that stretched face cover on there as a place holder. Before the remastered Joshua Tree was released, both sites had the "blurry" CD cover for a while before replacing it with the final artwork.

im pretty sure those album covers are just stock fotos until they get the real deal

'Boy' Remastered: All You Need to Know

Speed of Life, Saturday Night and Cartoon World are among the rare and previously unreleased tracks featured in the reformatted edition of the band's first album, Boy.

The album, set for release in July, will come in three formats - the
remastered single CD, a deluxe format including a bonus CD of b-sides,
live tracks and rarities, and the vinyl format. A 16 page booklet
features unseen photos, lyrics and liner notes from Paul Morley. Edge,
who has overseen the remastering of the album, has contributed notes on
the bonus material.

Here's the detail on the formats, tracklistings and bonus material.

Standard format: A single CD with re-mastered audio and restored
packaging.
Includes a 16 page booklet featuring previously unseen photos, full
lyrics and new liner notes by Paul Morley.

Tracklisting:
1. I Will Follow 2. Twilight 3. An Cat Dubh 4. Into The Heart 5. Out Of
Control 6. Stories For Boys 7. The Ocean 8. A Day Without Me 9. Another
Time, Another Place 10. The Electric Co. 11. Shadows And Tall Trees.

Deluxe format: A standard CD (as above) and a bonus CD including
b-sides, live tracks and rarities. Also includes a 32 page booklet with
previously unseen photos, full lyrics, new liner notes by Paul Morley,
and explanatory notes on the bonus material by The Edge.

Tracklisting:
1. I Will Follow (Previously Unreleased Mix) 2. 11 O'Clock Tick Tock 3.
Touch 4. Speed Of Life (Previously Unreleased Track) 5. Saturday Night
(Previously Unreleased Track) 6. Things To Make And Do 7. Out Of Control
8. Boy-Girl 9. Stories For Boys 10. Another Day 11. Twilight 12.
Boy-Girl (Live at The Marquee, London) 13. 11 O'Clock Tick Tock (Live at
The Marquee, London - Previously Unreleased Version) 14. Cartoon World
(Live at The National Stadium, Dublin - Previously Unreleased Track)

Vinyl format: A single album re-mastered version on 180gram vinyl with
restored packaging.

Tracklisting:
1. I Will Follow 2. Twilight 3. An Cat Dubh 4. Into The Heart 5. Out Of
Control 6. Stories For Boys 7. The Ocean 8. A Day Without Me 9. Another
Time, Another Place 10. The Electric Co. 11. Shadows And Tall Trees.

July also sees 'October' and 'War' released in reformatted editions.
We'll be first with news on tracklistings as soon as we have it.

It's not everything, but still a nice selection.

It's not everything, but still a nice selection.

That's also my opinion. It's not everything we know that exist. But it is everything that was officially released back then (and was unavailable on CD until now) plus some new stuff.
(though of course something can be said for the 3 early demo tracks that were included on The Complete U2 on iTunes :shifty: )

Thanks for the info phanan. I cannot wait. I think this is the one I'm most excited about even though I'm dying for a few others as well.... sorta like buying that first Boy LP all over again.

I'm assuming they filled up the bonus disc with the material they liked best, and didn't have enough time left over for anything else.

And I doubt they considered a second bonus disc.

Hopefully the early stuff will appear on some sort of rarities box set in the future.

I know, because if its not on the disc you suddenly will never be able to listen to it ever again. ;)

The track list is about what I would expect. I'm looking forward to remastering of the early singles and B sides. I hope the October disc has A Celebration on it remastered. If so, then the early tracks I like are pretty much covered.

Oh, thank goodness. I was sure "A Celebration" was from before "Boy". I'm so glad your comment indicated it came out later. Big relief. I only found out about that song a few years ago, when it was on a 1981 concert bootleg I bought in Germany. Why didn't they include it on October? It's a lot better than "I Threw a Brick Through a Window". It's so damn catchy!

A Celebration was recorded in March 1982, I think, so after the release of October (in, guess what? October 1981). And they didn't include it on War as U2 felt that they'd progressed so much more it wouldn't fit on that record.
(And it wasn't yet performed (or even written) in 1981, so I guess that bootleg is from 1982, not 1981)

Out of Control (Live, Paradise Theatre, Boston, 1981) is not included !!

Was an official release on I Will Follow single.

I'm assuming they filled up the bonus disc with the material they liked best, and didn't have enough time left over for anything else.

And I doubt they considered a second bonus disc.

Hopefully the early stuff will appear on some sort of rarities box set in the future.

I somehow doubt these 14 songs took up 80 minutes. But yea, a rarities box set would be nice.

QUESTION:

what do you think the chances are of that little 'Fire' snippet appearing at the end of Shadows And Tall Trees like on the original LP? :wink: :cute:

someone stalking U2 at their studio, could you ask The Edge for me please? ta!

Back
Top Bottom