Rumor of new CD next summer???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tawanda

The Fly
So if the rumor is true that we might get a new album next summer, lets speculate when they might tour next? Cause I'm itching for another tour and I want to plan my vacations.... :drool: :drool: :drool:

shiznit...i hope it comes out in spring, so they can tour in the summer. if it comes out in the summer, it means they'll tour in the fall, and unless they come here (fat chance), i won't be able to travel to see them.

id put money on an autumn release rather than a summer one. they always go slower (which is fine) than they want to.

then i suppose a march tour. it seems to be the way they like to do things.

god! I feel like I'm holding my breath!!! I want a summer release for a fall tour!!! :huh: :banghead: :crazy:

I was reading an interview with Adam on www.atu2.com, and it said they hope to have a new album done by the autumn of 2004!!!!!!! I'm sincerely hoping that this is just a misprint or the writer misheard or something. I don't see why it could possibly take that long to record an album. Especially if they have most of the songs down pretty well. Autumn of 2003, a year from now, sounds more likely. Plus, Larry and Edge both said 2003, and Larry even sorta confirmed a 2004, probably with the album coming out the previous autumn, like Elevation. Autumn 2004 seems absolutely unreal, and I doubt they'll wait that long. That'd be 4 years after ATYCLB. Then again, Zooropa and POP were nearly 4 years apart. So who knows.

Autumn of 2003 sounds great to me. I don't think the should release it any earlier, and they shouldn't tour in 2003, just because people will feel overexposed, and it might backfire on them. Plus, I want them to make the best possible album. They're going into the studio again in January, and they have 10+ songs already. I'm guessing they could finish it by August, manufacture it, and get it out by Oct/Nov. Here's hoping, anyhow.

The_acrobat said:
Then again, Zooropa and POP were nearly 4 years apart. So who knows.

Yeah, but the band did loads in between the 2 records : Passengers, Mission Impossible, HMTMKMKM etc.

My "guess" is next fall. U2 may tentatively have plans to get a new album out sometime this coming summer but they always seem to take longer than they plan. I would say September or October 2003 new U2 album. The single may be out next August.

Followed by a true "world" tour beginning in the spring of 2004. I think summer 2004 U2 will be playing same stadium shows in Europe. It will be a question of where will they begin the tour? I would guess the U.S. again, Australia is also possible if touring costs there have come down at all. The trend lately though is they generally seem to like to be in a warm climate for rehearsals.

I'll go with fall 2003 for now, but I won't get my hopes up too much. I remember when the album that would become ATYCLB was "all but confirmed for fall 1999". A lot of things change. I hope they put it out soon, but what I really want is for them to make the best album they can.

All this discussion begs the question, Stadiums or Arena's for 2004? Or maybe a mix, depending on the demand in the city their playing. Another question would be ticket prices. How much higher do you think they will be?

With the bands new level of popularity, I think they could easily fill up stadiums in most markets in the USA with a single $60 ticket price. Of course this is still dependent on how well the album, probably released in fall 2003 is recieved. If the reception is equal to or better than ATYCLB, I think we will see stadium shows in the USA and of course Europe. I'm thinking they will go for a mix though of Stadiums and Arena's similar to the Joshua Tree Tour. If a market is deemed to be still soft, it will get an Arena show instead of a Stadium.

But Stadiums are a hassle and Arena's are easy logistically and the profit per ticket sold, much higher than the stadiums. So they may stay inside the Arena's which means will see some higher ticket prices. Maybe $50, $90, $150. I don't see it being to much more than Elevation, but it will be more if the show is inside an Arena.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
frankly they shoult just put out an album every month, that way we'll all be happy:evil:

Artists like Kylie Minogue seem to have a new single out every couple of months. As far as I remember Kylie Minogue has had a new every couple of months for the past 2 and a half years.

If we can't get a new album, would we settle for new singles more frequently?

Back
Top Bottom