Rotterdam, Rotterdam

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The_Sweetest_Thing

MacPhisto's serving wench
Rotterdam, Rotterdam...

Tell me, why do I keep hearing about this show? Is the sound quality markedly impressive? Is it just a great show? Did something happen there? Was there more than one show in Rotterdam?
I've just been around a few U2 places, and for some reason, everythime great bootlegs are mentioned, Rotterdam comes up.

:hmm:

Are we talking Joshua Tree days, or Pop days? One the Please (Popheart) single, they included Please, Where The Streets Have No Name and Staring at the Sun from Rotterdam, which are all just amazing, especially Please and Streets. The two work amazingly well as a combo, and the outro to Please is heartbreakingly beautiful. If there's a full length boot of this show I'd love to hear it.

bono_man2002 said:
they seem to able be able to record with great quality, and good shows over there....good on the dutch!

Yeah, good on us! :up:

:D

Marty (who has seen 3 U2 shows in Rotterdam)

Diemen said:
If there's a full length boot of this show I'd love to hear it.

The only Popmart shows that bootlegs are currently not available for are Lisbon and Thessaloniki. I have the first night in Rotterdam - not sure if the stuff on the Please/Popheart EP is taken from then or the next night.

Axver said:
The only Popmart shows that bootlegs are currently not available for are Lisbon and Thessaloniki. I have the first night in Rotterdam - not sure if the stuff on the Please/Popheart EP is taken from then or the next night.

The Popheart stuff is taken from that (first) night. :yes: The great thing is that on the bootleg you can really hear that they didn't tamper (much) with the officially released recordings. They sound almost alike (with the officially released stuff of course being mixed better)!

C ya!

Marty

I was away pondering if it is indeed true that all the best shows are in Holland

my conclusion so far is ... yes!

Back
Top Bottom