Rollingstone review of Oasis @ Coachella

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ouizy

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Think of all those idiotic comments the G-Brothers made about U2 and then read the review of Oasis' performance at Coachella this year. It can be summarized as follows:

"...Unfortunately, the jokes were more memorable though than the Foos' new songs...The same can be said of main-stage co-headliners Oasis, who lacked the command to keep an exhausted audience from packing it in early..."

How do they compare to our boys from Ireland and their consistent sold-out tours, I don't they do...

And we all know what a great source of music knowledge Rolling Stone is.
rolleyes.gif

Anyone I talked to said they totally rocked. Even the MTV reviews of the show are very positive. But that's beside the point. It ain't Oasis if they're not out there making asses of themselves at every interview. This shouldn't be some competition between these bands. Both bands have mutual respect for each other, and that's that. We've heard loads of praise from Oasis about U2, and one slightly negative comment. If you don't like their music, fine. But I hate to see this place turn into a mud-slinging forum.

------------------
Change is the only constant

well, at the risk of being shot down, i love oasis! i have a lot of time for noel gallagher but anyone who takes what liam says seriously after all these years...not that he doesnt have anything worthy to say, but he has the power to say one thing one moment and completely contradict it the next. in this case i think we can assume that he does love u2,given all the evidence weve had over the years.

Originally posted by ccolhandlaura:
well, at the risk of being shot down, i love oasis! i have a lot of time for noel gallagher but anyone who takes what liam says seriously after all these years...not that he doesnt have anything worthy to say, but he has the power to say one thing one moment and completely contradict it the next. in this case i think we can assume that he does love u2,given all the evidence weve had over the years.

Welcome! We could use someone like you here.
wink.gif

------------------

Originally posted by Foxxern:
This shouldn't be some competition between these bands. Both bands have mutual respect for each other, and that's that. We've heard loads of praise from Oasis about U2, and one slightly negative comment.

While I agree that this shouldn't be a competition (and I don't think it is), the comments from Liam were far, FAR more than "one slightly negative comment." Go read the full interview. Liam just rips U2 to shreds. I didn't consider his words "slightly negative" in the least.

Originally posted by ccolhandlaura:

If they love U2 so much then why did they call U2 "cunts" and say that U2 are in it for the money?

~~~~slings mud at Oasis, and feels like I should be allowed to.

Just a question, have you heard any negative public comments out of the U2 camp about ANY other band, let alone with the language the idiotic G-brothers used?

They went too far, and do not have the music (you choose live or recorded) to back up their statements.

They are fools.

Originally posted by doctorwho:
Liam just rips U2 to shreds.

famous people who spend so much time (ranting, etc.) about a band negatively freak me out. i mean...do they really have such little of a life that that's all they can do? bitch about people who just might be better than them? (i'm not just talking about U2 bashers, i'm talking about like joe bob bashing susie marie or whatever, lol)

Originally posted by MBH:
If they love U2 so much then why did they call U2 "cunts" and say that U2 are in it for the money?

For Noel and Liam, using "cunts" is like us using "dudes" or "mates". No real negative connotation there. Mostly though it was just them thinking it was wrong for Bono to keep doing the concerts rather than being there for his dad when he died. I understand where they're coming from, and I can't say I totally disagree.

------------------

The boys from Oasis are probably hitting the bottle again.

------------------
The more of these I drink the more Bono makes sense.. - Bean from the KROQ Breakfast with U2.

Originally posted by Foxxern:
it was wrong for Bono to keep doing the concerts rather than being there for his dad when he died. I understand where they're coming from, and I can't say I totally disagree.

yeah. the only reasoning i can think of as to why he'd continue touring is that maybe it helped take his mind off of it. but that still doesn't totally excuse anything. people postpone tour dates all the time, i still think it would've been better had he taken a little time off to be with his dad in his last few days.

Originally posted by MBH:

If they hate U2 so much why does noel say that One is his favourite song?If they hate them so much why does noel say that bono "is a top bloke" after the whole bible thing?If they hate U2 so much why did liam say it was a great honour to support them?

Back
Top Bottom