Rolling Stone Now has end of the year poll up - go vote!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

womanfish

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
GO to rollingstone.com and fill in the blanks for U2. Hey and while you're there, vote for Bono for person of the year. We must beat Britney.

Britanny Spears should win the award for "Worst Influence On Kids".

------------------
If you keep a positive outlook on life, your dreams will come true!

Originally posted by tiny dancer:
Can you vote more than once?

I think you can if you clean out your cookies after each vote.

------------------
"Things will not be the same in this city for us." -Bono, Dublin, February 1980

Originally posted by sharky:
cookies

eek.gif

------------------
The one and only!

Bono has 70% of the vote. Ms. Spears, who looks astonishing in her cover shot, is second with 13% of the vote. Bono is coasting for now!

I wonder if there's any cheating going on here. There couldn't be could there?

Britney 21% (5665 votes)
Fred Durst 0% (38 votes)
Alicia Keys 1% (171 votes)
Dave Matthews 30% (8077 votes)
Bono 45% (12194 votes)
Angelina Jolie 0% (61 votes)
John Cameron Mitchell 0% (15 votes)
Sum 41 0% (52 votes)
'NSync 1% (174 votes)
Paul McCartney 0% (103 votes)
Bob Dylan 1% (208 votes)
Mick Jagger 0% (35 votes)
Jennifer Lopez 0% (86 votes)
Eve 0% (8 votes)
Linkin Park 1% (260 votes)
Jay-Z 0% (41 votes)
Aaron Lewis of Staind 0% (99 votes)
Ja Rule 0% (45 votes)

------------------
~whortense wiffin
walla walla, washington

Why don't people post links to the polls when you make posts like this?

I'd like to click on link, vote, then get out.

WHY!!!!!!???????????????

bono's losing to britney right now

------------------
"Miami, New Orleans, London, Belfast, CHICAGO!" ~ Bono (during Stay) at Chicago 10/16/01

"Home, that's where Chicago is!" ~ Bono (during Walk On) at Chicago 10/16/01

All of you are TALKING ABOUT THE WRONG POLL!!!
mad.gif

The poll you are all discussing and voting for is the "People of the Year" poll. That's great - keep voting.

However, the poll Womanfish mentioned in his post above is the year-end Rolling Stone READERS poll. In this poll, you WRITE IN who you want to win certain awards.

You can vote on-line for this and you do NOT have to fill in every spot (for example, if you can't think of an R&B artist deserving of an award, leave it blank) for your vote to count.

When you visit rollingstone.com you will see the "VOTE" banner flashing at the top of the page. Click it and off you go!
biggrin.gif

Here are the links for both Polls:
  1. Click here for the Rolling Stone's Reader's Poll. Remember, you will have to fill in the blanks here.
  2. Click here for the Rolling Stone's People of the Year Poll. Here, you will just have to click the dot by Bono's name on the right side of the page and then submit your answer.
    [/list=a]

NOW GO VOTE!!!!!
    biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by doctorwho (edited 11-16-2001).]

Oh, and apparently some moron (clearly a moron with NO taste in music) has been voting like a nimrod for Britney. She now dominates the People of the Year Poll with a whopping 73% of the votes (nearly 74,000 votes). Dave Matthews, who looks like he's in pain or trying to pass God knows what as he tries to sing, is second with 19% of the vote (nearly 20,000 votes). Bono is third with a mere 12% of the vote (almost 14,000 votes). Clearly we have our work here.

KevM's brilliant programs would be great here.... (HINT)

Originally posted by Malibu Whortense:
Sum 41 0% (52 votes)
okay, am I the only one who has never heard of these two 'artists' ???

btw, go KevM
biggrin.gif

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

lol

someone was voteing for bs ... but
bs +=1
bono += 100

rofl

but still about 68673 more votes needed

.kevM - U2 AutoVoter
------------
icon18.gif
icon19.gif
icon17.gif
icon20.gif

I'm going to vote many times for both of these, but really, the focus should be on VH1! The reason is there is an awards show with this poll! It is televised live! There for, I give that 10 times as much importance as the RS poll! VOTE FOR U2 in the My VH1 awards!

Bono now has 70% with over 300,000 votes! Britney has 25% with 128,000 votes and Dave Matthews has 5%. Everyone else is under 1%! Thats awesome KEVM! Now lets get to work at VH1!

bwah-ha-ha!

we're so bad.
biggrin.gif

------------------
"You can download an atmosphere and dial up a groove, but there's a certain magic when three musicians and a dyslexic get together and play in a room." -Bono

Love,
Emily

The city's desire to take me for more and more...

Originally posted by Salome:

Originally posted by Malibu Whortense:

okay, am I the only one who has never heard of these two 'artists' ???

btw, go KevM
biggrin.gif

I am very familiar with John Cameron Mitchell, however, I'm sure even he'd agree that he is hardly well known.

In the 80's, he appeared opposite Meshach Taylor (most famous for playing "Anthony Bouvier" - the black gentleman - in the TV series "Designing Women") in a theatrical production of "Huck Finn." Chicago's PBS station taped and aired one performance. I was quite moved by that performance (still have it on videotape) due to its very simplistic style (minimal stage design and props). Mitchell was in college at the time. He's the same age as I am and went to Northwestern University, a short jump up Lake Shore Drive from Loyola University, where I did my undergrad. He's done some TV and small movie roles since, but this past year he broke out into fame converting his play, "Hedwig and the Angry Inch" into a film. The film has been lauded by critics. I have yet to see the whole film, but it appears to be very unique and quite good. Look for it to win some Indie film awards next year.

Of course, most people haven't heard of that film either, hence why Mitchell has so few votes.
wink.gif

[This message has been edited by doctorwho (edited 11-16-2001).]

Back
Top Bottom