Rolling Stone Magazine Coverage (New article 1/7/09)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very few people in this thread are making a huge fuss about it (and those who are have been consistently over-dramatic ever since they joined this forum, so it's not that big of a deal. :wink: ) I'm not going to lose any sleep over these descriptions, but I'm certainly not going to shy away from discussing them either.

Well, I'm new here. :wink:
And of course, shy away from the battle... don't even talk about that.
But it's like I said, people should just be saying their thoughts about the descriptions and what they evoke and not: "OMG! will.i.am! OH FUCK! It's pop! BRitney Spers! Blleeeerrrrgghhhh!"
But again, I'm new here :wink:
Maybe I'm overreacting too. :ohmy:

We would just end up arguing about something else.....Mercy springs to mind.....?!:wink:

We're both new here, but I guess we're not supposed to say that word.

I also feel that you're getting yourself worked up over nothing in regards to those two songs, and some of us are trying to get some logic in there. :wink:

I agree with popshopper that Unknown Caller is not going to be about a drug addict who talks to his phone, at least on the surface. And Crazy Tonight is not going to be a Christina Aguilera cover. FFS, guys.

I'm being illogical? I'm getting worked up? Seriously? It's not like I'm pulling a Rob or anything and posting something like "OH MY GOD, A SONG ABOUT A TALKING CELL PHONE! What the hell?!?!?!" (Merely joshing with you, Rob. :wink: ) I simply feel less than optimistic regarding what I've read about those two songs. That's all. Trust me on this; I'm not freaking out about it.

Seriously petrified about this :ohmy:

"Every Breaking Wave"
A swelling soul-pop song, with bright synth sounds influenced by OMD and, Bono says, "early electronica." "You don't hear indie bands doing blue-eyed soul [like this]," he adds.

I have to say OMD were one of my fave bands way back when :heart: I have asked Andy McCluskey if he wants to return the compliment in his next single as a re-match :lol:

I'm being illogical? I'm getting worked up? Seriously? It's not like I'm pulling a Rob or anything and posting something like "OH MY GOD, A SONG ABOUT A TALKING CELL PHONE! What the hell?!?!?!" (Merely joshing with you, Rob. :wink: ) I simply feel less than optimistic regarding what I've read about those two songs. That's all. Trust me on this; I'm not freaking out about it.

stop freaking out GG...

Oooh...good call!!!

"My cel is ringing no idea who it is I need to know who's calling!" or something like that....good catch!

Yes!!! Don't you see:

Lyrics to Fast Cars:

My cell is ringing
No ID
I need to know who's calling

It's the Unknown Caller!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1!!

I'm really going to be worried until I can hear this song.

Well I did not read all the 14 pages....but "Cedars of lebanon" happens to be "Winter" and Tripoli is "Breathe"...no doubt about that if you read the description of the songs !

Yes!!! Don't you see:

Lyrics to Fast Cars:

My cell is ringing
No ID

Haha. This is definitely the best thing that's come out of the thread.

Well I did not read all the 14 pages....but "Cedars of lebanon" happens to be "Winter" and Tripoli is "Breathe"...no doubt about that if you read the description of the songs !

You've been misinformed--Cedars is actually Mercy, and Tripoli is North Star.

Yes!!! Don't you see:

Lyrics to Fast Cars:

My cell is ringing
No ID

itsokay.gif
:wink:

And now I wonder how things would be if we had no idea about will.i.am AND if Mercy had not leaked... :hmm:

You've been misinformed--Cedars is actually Mercy, and Tripoli is North Star.

Well...I am just quoting the 2 journalists...

Winter, featuring a fine Bono lyric about a soldier in an unspecified war zone, surrounded by a deceptively simple rhythm track and an evocative string arrangement courtesy of Eno

"Cedars of Lebanon"
"On this album, you can feel what is going on in the world at the window, scratching at the windowpane," says Bono, who sings this atmospheric ballad from the point of view of a war correspondent.

Winter, featuring a fine Bono lyric about a soldier in an unspecified war zone, surrounded by a deceptively simple rhythm track and an evocative string arrangement courtesy of Eno

"Cedars of Lebanon"
"On this album, you can feel what is going on in the world at the window, scratching at the windowpane," says Bono, who sings this atmospheric ballad from the point of view of a war correspondent.

Yes, but you're forgetting that the Q article mentions BOTH of these tracks in the same write-up. So they can't be the same.

My apologies for the above comment--I thought you were being facetious.

"Cedars of Lebanon"

Winter is about a soldier in Afghanistan.
CoL is about a war correspondent.

Yes, but you're forgetting that the Q article mentions BOTH of these tracks in the same write-up. So they can't be the same.

My apologies for the above comment--I thought you were being facetious.

Ok, no worry ! But I am still suspecting that it could be the very same song but you may be right.

Winter is about a soldier in Afghanistan.
CoL is about a war correspondent.

And to add: Winter is mentioned to be part of a movie soundtrack (Brothers).

What could of happened is that Winter got dropped from the album and will only be featured on the soundtrack. But this is just an assumption. Who knows, maybe like the song Until the End of the World, there could be two versions. One for the album, one for the soundtrack. But don't quote my BS.

There is no way Breathe isn't on the album. Weren't they hyping that up as by far and away the best thing ever created by the hands of man?

There is no way Breathe isn't on the album. Weren't they hyping that up as by far and away the best thing ever created by the hands of man?

If they left Levitate out of an album, I believe anything is possible :ohmy:

It said a preview on "10 of the tracks"

There's gonna be 12 now I reckon.

Anyway, more descriptions. :drool:

Even more excited. :up:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom