Rolling Stone Magazine Coverage (New article 1/7/09)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And of all the "Here Is What Is" clips, Unknown Caller was my favorite, so I don't care if it sounds like ATYCLB, like it did in the HIWI clip, it sounds fucking stellar.

Tripoli, which was also featured in Here Is What Is, sounds cool too, even if it was just Bono banging out the chords and singing.

I have bad feelings about Crazy Tonight. I also have bad feelings about Unknown Caller (particularly with regards to the ATYCLB reference.) Who knows, though? :shrug: They could end up being decent songs.

Unknown Caller is going to be good (have you heard the beach clip by chance?). Crazy Tonight might be good, but it just doesn't sound right for this album. Just like The Sweetest Thing, while good in it's way, probably wouldn't fit.

Didn't we decide that Unknown Caller was beach clip 1? Judging by what i hear, i have no doubts for that song.

I like Rolling Stones descriptions, and I reckon the Will.I.Am mixes/remixes will end up being single releases, probably with different versions on the album. Bono said something about going after the kids this time (that reads slightly scary!) - Will.I.Am will be all about that.

25328774-25328780-slarge.jpg

Photograph by Anton Corbjin

Last edited:
yep appearantly some people already know which song will be shit which one will be good, which one will fit, which one will not fit etc just based on the titles. Wow I wish I had that power and could tell exactly how a song sounds or is like based on the titles. Hell then I wouldn't even bother listening to the songs I would just read their titles and already know LOL.

I think GOYB is an excellent first single, it will get a lor of radio airplay and it has a real hook. As a second single, they can use one of the more atmospheric songs, people will be surprised. I don't know if I'll like having one of the long songs cut down for radio.

I see on another u2 related page that it says "Crazy Tonight" - Featuring Will I Am. Oh god, is this where "were going after the younger audience" comes in?!?! I hope he just produced/mixed it.

oh, cus that makes it sound even more credible :up:

Well, they are full length songs with clear enough sound that we deduced all of the correct song names from the Q descriptions and lyrics. The guitar solo=completely full and clear. Drums are often clear. Guitar riffs.

Isn't GYBO supposed to feature a somewhat electronic sound, not unlike Discotheque? I couldn't hear anything like that in the beach clip.

Unknown Caller is going to be good (have you heard the beach clip by chance?). Crazy Tonight might be good, but it just doesn't sound right for this album. Just like The Sweetest Thing, while good in it's way, probably wouldn't fit.

I listened to the beach clips ages ago and can't really remember anything about them. All I remember is that there was one song that featured a nice, long guitar solo.

I know it's premature to judge based upon descriptions alone, but it doesn't sound like any of these songs "fit." There are references to Vertigo, Zooropa, ATYCLB, JT...if the reviewer's descriptions are close to the mark, then NLOTH might be all over the place in a musical sense.

yep appearantly some people already know which song will be shit which one will be good, which one will fit, which one will not fit etc just based on the titles. Wow I wish I had that power and could tell exactly how a song sounds or is like based on the titles. Hell then I wouldn't even bother listening to the songs I would just read their titles and already know LOL.

It doesn't take a genius to look at the description of Crazy Tonight and see that it might not fit well with the rest of the the album. I hope it will.

And nobody said anything about shit songs.

Winner!

:up::up::up::up::up::up::up::up::up::up::up

I listened to the beach clips ages ago and can't really remember anything about them. All I remember is that there was one song that featured a nice, long guitar solo.

I know it's premature to judge based upon descriptions alone, but it doesn't sound like any of these songs "fit." There are references to Vertigo, Zooropa, ATYCLB, JT...if the reviewer's descriptions are close to the mark, then NLOTH might be all over the place in a musical sense.

Yeah, that was probably my only concern after reading the Q descriptions. But they are obviously very keyed in on making a well-sequenced album this time.

Well, they are full length songs with clear enough sound that we deduced all of the correct song names from the Q descriptions and lyrics. The guitar solo=completely full and clear. Drums are often clear. Guitar riffs.

When did the beach clips come out? Over the summer? The previous summer? You are 100 percent certain that these songs have not been altered since then? What you hear on the beach clips will be on the album, right?

I highly doubt it, as U2 postponed the album for a reason, and were recording well into December. Their recording history dictates that they tinkered with songs until the very last moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom