Rolling Stone Magazine Coverage (New article 1/7/09)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
"I know I'll go crazy/If I don't go crazy tonight."

:uhoh:

You're gonna love it as much as you loved Vertigo :happy:

:rant: If Rolling Stone is going to bash Breathe and Winter by not calling them key tracks, fuck them. They haven't written about music since the '60s anyway. :madwife:

bunch of no-talent hacks!

One interesting thing I noticed, that quote you used included the term "eclectic" :hmm: Makes it sound like there may not be a similar sound or theme between songs...

:rant: If Rolling Stone is going to bash Breathe and Winter by not calling them key tracks, fuck them. They haven't written about music since the '60s anyway. :madwife:

Maybe they didn't hear them. People really need to chill out, and just be happy with the info we DO get.

maybe this is intentional on the bands part. let one magazine hear certain songs, and another hear other ones.

kind of odd, no tracklisting, but just more songs mentioned. maybe there is 14-15 songs, or some of these are only on the dvd.

excited to see the tracklisting, maybe soon.

Breathe and Winter will surely be on the album, maybe RS just didn't get to hear these tracks. Tripoli sounds awsome, it's the only additonal track. All the descriptions sounds very good. "Magnificent" has different lyrics in the Q description. I don't like the idea of Will.I.Am doing a mix for that song, but maybe he's doing something totally atmospheric. I like Stand Up Comedy as a title, but I don't think it's the correct title.

I HOPE there will be more than 12 songs!

Regarding Will.I.Am--It's a REmix. Not a mix.

And of course Breathe will be on the album given the information we've received so far.

And no double album of course (12 songs confirmed).

Moment of Surrender has a syncopated beat?

Syncopation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In music, syncopation includes a variety of rhythms which are in some way unexpected in that they deviate from the strict succession of regularly spaced strong and weak beats in a meter (pulse). These include a stress on a normally unstressed beat or a rest where one would normally be stressed. "If a part of the measure that is usually unstressed is accented, the rhythm is considered to be syncopated."

I hadn't thought of it before, but Unknown Caller would fit well into ATYCLB. In a good way.

Moment of Surrender has a syncopated beat?

Syncopation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In music, syncopation includes a variety of rhythms which are in some way unexpected in that they deviate from the strict succession of regularly spaced strong and weak beats in a meter (pulse). These include a stress on a normally unstressed beat or a rest where one would normally be stressed. "If a part of the measure that is usually unstressed is accented, the rhythm is considered to be syncopated."

Does the vid LarryInStudio qualify?

It sounds like something he could have written though...

Ab Fab :drool:

Have you even listened to Pink Floyd, Elfa? ;) It sounds like the complete opposite of something he could have written.

I miss Ab Fab. :sigh: Joanna Lumley for the win.

Crazy Tonight still doesn't really sound like it fits with the rest of the album. (And yes, I will wait until I actually hear the album to judge).

Can't wait to hear Moment of Surrender. Everything we've read so far points to that it will be an instant U2 classic.

Magnificent - "..instant U2 anthem"....how i wish they would release that as the first single...im not ready for a Vertigo 2 for another month and a half.

Magnificent - "..instant U2 anthem"....how i wish they would release that as the first single...im not ready for a Vertigo 2 for another month and a half.

Couldn't agree more. I'm not particularly against GYBO as a song, but Magnificent would be a much better choice.

Crazy Tonight still doesn't really sound like it fits with the rest of the album. (And yes, I will wait until I actually hear the album to judge).

I have bad feelings about Crazy Tonight. I also have bad feelings about Unknown Caller (particularly with regards to the ATYCLB reference.) Who knows, though? :shrug: They could end up being decent songs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom