Rockline to rebroadcast 1992 U2 interview on Nov 23 on radio, internet

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Halup

Refugee
The long running music interview show Rockline is going to re-broadcast a great 1992 U2 episode tomorrow night, Nov 23. This is the one that featured Bill Clinton calling in to speak with them, as he campaigned and also featured Can't Help Falling In Love being playing live in the studio.

The stations that broadcast this program are a bit limited but on the Rockline site, they have links to a couple stations that air it and do webcasts of their station, so you can listen to it that way.
http://www.rocklineradio.com/

It will be on from 8:30-10pm Pacific time. Here is the description form the Rockline site:

Wednesday - November 23, 2005
U2 - Thanksgiving Encore

With the long Thanksgiving holiday weekend approaching, it's time to honor a long standing ROCKLINE tradition. We extend the festivities by a day, presenting an Encore show the Wednesday before the annual gorging, toasting and appreciating. We always make sure to give you a show worth listening to again, or good enough to get you to your radio, or computer, for an initial listen. How can you not tune in for U2? Currently touring North America again, and having just released their DVD "Vertigo 2005// U2 Live From Chicago", the time is right to revisit one of our greatest shows ever. We have close to 2,000 shows in our extensive treasure trove and this one ranks right at the top of the list. For current information regarding the band please visit U2.com.

This is a remarkable program filled with some of their best music, engaging conversation, an attempt to call the White House, some live noodling with songs originally done by Elvis and The Beatles, a healthy dose of humor and plenty more. By the way, the conversation part includes Bono speaking with Bill Clinton. Where else but ROCKLINE do you get such a show? Nowhere that we know. We're sure the band wishes you a happy holiday and we're also sure they would love you to visit One.org and get some information and make a donation. One click and you can do your part to help make the world a better place and really give some thanks.

There's no better way to begin the holiday season than enjoying this classic presentation with one of the greatest bands the world has ever known. Join us for a Special Encore ROCKLINE with U2!

Oh, that is so cool. I remember sitting in my bedroom, listening to that. I taped it off the radio and would listen to it often.

Good times ...

Whoo-hoo! And it's broadcast in Seattle! :rockon:

corianderstem said:
Oh, that is so cool. I remember sitting in my bedroom, listening to that. I taped it off the radio and would listen to it often.

Good times ...

Whoo-hoo! And it's broadcast in Seattle! :rockon:

I also was listening that night from Seattle. I used to listen to Rockline all the time. Monday nights at 9:00, I believe. For some reason, I preferred listening on 99.3, which was a station out of Vancouver. I can't remember why I preferred the Vancouver station over the Seattle station. Hell, I can't even remember the Seattle station that played Rockline. Was it 99.9 or 96.5? Those 2 stations were more similiar in those days. That was before KXRX changed formats.

This is cool, but I think it's also on u2source.com if you can't tape it. This is a great site, full of old and new interviews, and lots of stuff around the Zoo era.

I give this site :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: faces out of five. It's topped only by a certain site with a cool blue tone and amazingly funky fans.

Can you say, too much coffee? :hyper:

Back
Top Bottom