Rock Hall Induction

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cujo

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Now that U2 are all but guaranteed a permanent haunt at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in a few years time, who do you think should induct them? Should it be a long time friend, or an artist that has been heavily influenced by them (like Billy Corgan)?

Your thoughts...

I want Bruce to induct them. He has been a fan of theirs almost since the beginning. As they have been of him. That would be so awesome.

Next in line would be Elvis Costello.

I think it would be cool to have a non-music person do it. The selection process for inductors is usually so poor, hipness factor is the most important, like Kid Rock and Aerosmith -- why? Anyway, musicians do more than just inspire other musicians, they inspire actors and writers and artists and dancers, pretty much everyone, so it would be so great to get that perspective instead of Jann Wenner throwing Britney Spears on stage to induct U2 just because she has a hit album.

Scarletwine said:
I want Bruce to induct them. He has been a fan of theirs almost since the beginning. As they have been of him. That would be so awesome.

Next in line would be Elvis Costello.

I bet it will be Costello.... mark my words!! :D

It's almost ALWAYS a younger star who was influenced by them. Billy Corgan would be good. I thought of some others once but can't remember them now :der: I seriously doubt it will be anyone older than them, like Bruce or Costello, or a comtemporary of their own generation, like REM.

Personally... I thought it would be cool if Elvis Costello did it, or maybe Scott Weiland (if he could clean himself up).

It would also be neat to see Edge's brother, Dik, to do it since he was their for the Feedback/Hype years... but does it really matter who inducts them?

More importantly, what would U2 play for their induction ceremony?:eyebrow: I'm guessing something good.

nice... or maybe one of the Gallaghers for a laugh, eh?

cujo said:
nice... or maybe one of the Gallaghers for a laugh, eh?

No laughing about it, perfect choice! I've heard that possibility before. They are friends and were influenced by them, and Liam would make a funny speech. That would be my pick. :up:

Honestly, this is almost too huge to consider.

I would have to go with a group of three,

-Mick Jagger (passing the torch)
-Michael Stipe (REM will most likely get in a few years later)
-Tom Morello (new school, political advocate, huge huge U2 fan)

Ha Ha
I think old Henry would shoot himself in the foot before doing that!
Is Howard Stern the long lost Ramones brother?

I think that Cher should induct them. She's obviously a huge fan since she did that amazing cover of ISHFWILF live.......

That would cost too much to take her out of the deep freeze for a night... we might as well pay for Dick Clark.

Back
Top Bottom