Rick Rubin and U2= Good Music

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MrPryck2U

ONE love, blood, life
I'm very excited that a producer like Rick Rubin is working with U2. Rubin is one of the best producers in the last 25 years and we all know about U2. Good things could only come out of their collaboration.

MrPryck2U said:
I'm very excited that a producer like Rick Rubin is working with U2. Rubin is one of the best producers in the last 25 years and we all know about U2. Good things could only come out of their collaboration.

Rick Rubin is just an inept, his style is just bulls*** and he add NOTHING to the songs he produce. :yuck:

Also is heavily oriented to the US corporate industry, so I don't see any good from his disposable and cheap colaboration with U2 :banghead:

Proof of that is the sound of The Saints Are Coming Jesus, the song itself is quite good and it has so much potential (listening to it carefully it could be the new Sunday Bloody Sunday :heart:) but he just ruined the song by his stupid compression, LOUD volume and ZERO dynamics.

The overall sound is just worthy for an amateur garage crap, not for a band like U2!. The drums sounds just AWFUL, like can. The bass is s*** has no depth and shape, and the mix between guitars and voices just make a nonsense mess :down: The only one part that sounds decent is the House Of The Rising Sun Snippet. The rest is just garbage. The arrangements are even worse.

He really killed the song. First of all, he should have noticed that is played too fast !, I mean, what's the point in that?. U2 aren't Metallica (Selloutica). Second, too much guitars doing the same crap, that doesn't make sense. Third, the mix between Bono and Billy Joe Amstrong is garbage. He can't even mix 2 voices at the same time, and that kind of BURP at the end of the song is just beyond me :yuck:

U2 should dismiss this stupid inept right now, really

Wow, how long did it take you to write that? I see your from Chile, so I guess you have a tough time with English.

Anyway, they did 2 songs together and you're going to judge him on that? How about a whole album together? Much to your chagrin, U2 and Rubin might work together again.

To see how "inept " Rubin is, why don't you go look him up at Wikipedia.

I'm with you on Rubin. Glad to see the band is brave enough to again try a new producer, knowing what resulted from the Chris Thomas sessions.

I love the sound of 'Saints' :drool:

and Ponkine, not to be an ass, but 'inept' isn't a noun, it's an adjective.

Yes Ponkine, clearly Rick Rubin is a no-talent hack. What has he ever produced that really mattered anyway? Plus- he works with a bunch of nobodys like Johnny Cash, ACDC, Chili Peppers, Tom Petty, RUN DMC, Rage Against the Machine, Mick Jagger, System of a Down, Slayer, The Beastie Boys, Neil Diamond and Weezer...

What could U2 possibly be thinking? To go into the studio with a talented producer who makes amazing sounding records and gets incredible performances out of the people he works with... Clearly they've lost their minds.

Re: Re: Rick Rubin and U2= Good Music

ponkine said:

Rick Rubin is just an inept, his style is just bulls*** and he add NOTHING to the songs he produce. :yuck:

Also is heavily oriented to the US corporate industry, so I don't see any good from his disposable and cheap colaboration with U2 :banghead:

Proof of that is the sound of The Saints Are Coming Jesus, the song itself is quite good and it has so much potential (listening to it carefully it could be the new Sunday Bloody Sunday :heart:) but he just ruined the song by his stupid compression, LOUD volume and ZERO dynamics.

The overall sound is just worthy for an amateur garage crap, not for a band like U2!. The drums sounds just AWFUL, like can. The bass is s*** has no depth and shape, and the mix between guitars and voices just make a nonsense mess :down: The only one part that sounds decent is the House Of The Rising Sun Snippet. The rest is just garbage. The arrangements are even worse.

He really killed the song. First of all, he should have noticed that is played too fast !, I mean, what's the point in that?. U2 aren't Metallica (Selloutica). Second, too much guitars doing the same crap, that doesn't make sense. Third, the mix between Bono and Billy Joe Amstrong is garbage. He can't even mix 2 voices at the same time, and that kind of BURP at the end of the song is just beyond me :yuck:

Sorry guys, but after knowing Rubin's all time work and after listening to the U2/Green Day cover, I have to go with Ponkine's opinion...
In fact, I think he stole 80% of those words from my mouth... mainly the first three paragraphs...

ponkine said:

I told you to stop posting.

ponkine said:

rubin's only produced like 10 of the biggest selling, criticaly aclaimed albums of the past 25 years... but yea, i'll take your opinion over his, because you obviously know more than he does.

Re: Re: Re: Rick Rubin and U2= Good Music

Headache in a Suitcase said:

rubin's only produced like 10 of the biggest selling, criticaly aclaimed albums of the past 25 years... but yea, i'll take your opinion over his, because you obviously know more than he does.

Yeah but... That doesn't mean that it's great masterpiece albums or that his production was splendid in there...
I was never a big fan of Rubin's production because of what was pointed.

MrPryck2U said:
Racist? I don't think so. In Chile, English is not the predominant language. Simple as that.

how is that related to the thread? what would be the point of bringing it into a discussion about producers? how is his english skills relevant to his post? he was clear and concise in his post. if you didn't understand then say so. don't be a racist prick.

His misuse of the word "inept". He used it as a noun instead of an adjective. He said that Rubin was an inept. That's why I mentioned it.
I might be a prick, but I'm no racist!
That's why I suggested that he might have a problem with English. Inept was a major theme of his "post".
Today's lesson: Use a word correctly or don't use it at all.

what's the point in moaning about it, they are working with Rubin and that's it. There is nothing you, I or any other fan can do about it, so get used to the idea and trust the other members of U2 know what they are doing. They got rid of Chris Thomas when things didn't work out, so if it does go badly they will replace him. Let's just hope they don't bring in Howie B though......

Last edited:
Yes, what started out as a harmless thread was turned into a battle with some misinformed fools. Time to close this one down.

MrPryck2U said:
His misuse of the word "inept". He used it as a noun instead of an adjective. He said that Rubin was an inept. That's why I mentioned it.
That's why I suggested that he might have a problem with English. Inept was a major theme of his "post".

:lol:

MrPryck2U said:

that's it? that's the best you can do? you're right, you're not a racist, you're an idiot.

MrPryck2U said:
Hey, King, are you actually a U2 fan? If you were, you wouldn't be calling people idiots. Grow up!

well if we follow you're line of reasoning here, then you can't be considered a u2 fan simply for picking on the guys english skills and then brazenly pointing out that he lives in a foreing country as being the reason for the misuse off one word.

You should change your sig line so it says "... and a fucked up message board it is too."

:wink:

or

:|

I can't decide.

I know, right? I said to someone else earlier today, it's like there's too much U2 stuff happening right now (book! hits CD! Zoo DVD! Green Day! new album being worked on! NYC appearances! Edun stuff!), and it's too much for our little minds to handle, and everyone's going all KABOOM!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom