revising ATYCLB

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

iota

War Child
I can't believe they had songs like Levitate and Flowerchild and scrapped them in favor of Peace On Earth, Grace and When I Look At The World.

Move a few songs around and you have a GREAT album, not the bloated mediocre offering ATYCLB turned out to be.

Beautiful Day
Elevation
Walk On
Stuck In A Moment
In A Little While
Kite
New York
Wild Honey
Love You Like Mad
Flower Child
Levitate

And the rest are Bsides.

Love You Like Mad is pretty poor, IMO, but Flower Child is excellent and I'm pretty amazed it didn't make the cut...don't forget they had SYCMIOYO and Original Of The Species written back in ATYCLB times as well!

Love You Like Mad is at least superior to Peace On Earth and When I Look At The World. It should have made the album above those two. LYLM is ATYCLB right?

I think so, but I just think the chorus is really awful...Levitate is excellent and should have replaced New York, Flower Child instead of Wild Honey, SYCMIOYO instead of Stuck, and 'Species could replace Peace On Earth.

Why in the world would you scrap Peace On Earth, When I Look At The World, and Grace? They're fantastic. In A Little While and Wild Honey are the two that need to go.

I quite like Wild Honey, but Peace On Earth and When I Look At The World sound like unfinished songs that have a lot of potential..I bet if they were worked on more, they would have been great.

korczykp said:
When I Look at the World is the strongest song on ATYCLB behind Beautiful Day and Kite

o_O

I agree with you on this!!! WILATW is very underrated. I don't know why people dislike it. Personal preferance I guess.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom