Return of U2 Survivor - Album Survivor: Round I

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vote for your favourite U2 album

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Goddamnit.

I'm not essentially running this whole bloody round again just because of Addicted To Bad's sympathy vote.

I'm really surprised the JT isn't blitzing it ...

For me it's always a toss up between UF and AB ... I can never pick. This time I went with AB just because I just bought it on vinyl two days ago and the front cover kicks some major ass.

Obviously Achtung Baby. Does this question even need to be asked??? Best U2 album... pfft! If you voted for anything else, you're an idiot with no taste. Shit thread lock and ban.

A footnote excuses everything. Right? Right?

Obviously Achtung Baby. Does this question even need to be asked??? Best U2 album... pfft! If you voted for anything else, you're an idiot with no taste. Shit thread lock and ban.

A footnote excuses everything. Right? Right?

wonder_woman.gif

banhim.jpg

:tongue:

I'm gonna have to go with Achtung Baby, although JT is a really close 2nd for me, followed closely by Pop. Gah, that was hard.

Achtung Baby and Joshua Tree. I genuinely can't decide which album is better. I voted for Achtung Baby, though I could easily have voted for Joshua Tree on any other given day, depends on the way my mind works...

OK people. I did want to give the voting system a few rounds to prove itself, but because of Interference's voting patterns and the concentration of votes largely on two albums, I'm honestly dreading the next few rounds. They'll be boring. They'll essentially repeat this round. The bottom three albums right now have only five votes to redistribute. The next two add only eight more. Thirteen votes from five albums redistributed over the course of four rounds? Who cares? All the polls will look stunningly similar to this one.

So, to keep the game interesting enough for me to bother running it, I think I will change it. This will be the WORST Album Survivor. That means the voting criteria need not be changed - you still vote for your favourite album, as that is what we would've done under the old voting method. It just means that Achtung Baby rather than RAH will be eliminated this round, and the most popular album will be eliminated right to the end. I would redo this round, since I know some of you voted on strategy, but there is no conceivable way that Achtung won't win. Certainly the amount of votes that would change are not enough to alter the outcome in any meaningful way. I apologise for doing this, but at least we had such a clearly decisive first round that allows me to do this.

Once Worst Album Survivor is completed, I will then run Best Album Survivor with the old voting method. It'll be interesting to see how the results differ.

Again, apologies. The new round begins in 60-90 minutes or so, but my mind's pretty firmly made up. If you don't like it, honestly, that's tough and you can just start your own version if you feel that strongly. The bitching and "hurrr you should do THIS because I don't like how you're doing THAT" in the past has made me (and others) not want to run these games again. It's not a democracy; it's a game. Let's just enjoy.

Ooh good idea! I think this will be interesting. Best album was always going to be AB or JT, but worst is far more unpredictable.

Thanks guys. Yeah, it'll be interesting to see how this pans out once Achtung and JT are out of the picture. I imagine it'll then be a UF vs Pop battle, but beyond there could be anyone's guess.

I'd say HTDAAB would be up there, although that is a solid album itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom