Return of U2 Survivor - Album Survivor: Round I

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vote for your favourite U2 album

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I prefer the other method of voting, cause it's boring to vote for the same thing each time. The challenge/fun of the other survivor besides seeing what all of Interference thought was deciding on an order for myself.

That said, TUF is my favorite. So, boringly, I will vote for it in each round.

You can apply that logic to either system. Let's assume for a minute Achtung wins. Under the previous voting system, somebody whose least favourite album is Achtung will vote for it every round anyway. Sure, this way does produce more people voting for the same thing, but once we get rid of a few of the less popular albums, more people will be having to change votes as albums get eliminated.

In any case, I won't pass judgement on the new system until it's had a few rounds. It hasn't even been 24 hours yet.

However, I am thinking that if an album fails to get even a single vote, it might make sense to eliminate the album(s) with the second least amount of votes too. If an album has zero votes, it might as well not have been there - i.e. just like the next round would be. Hence cutting it and running the next round seems pointless, as there are no votes for the cut album that would be redistributed to other albums and alter the outcome. Of course, this assumes identical voting patterns, which won't be the case, but honestly, I don't see the voting patterns being significantly different.

How about removing the album that gets the most votes? It wouldn't be a survivor, but it wouldn't be so dull.

How about removing the album that gets the most votes? It wouldn't be a survivor, but it wouldn't be so dull.

Have we ever done a worst album survivor? I remember when we did worst song survivor, but I don't recall a worst album survivor.

And really, no matter what way we do an album survivor, Achtung and JT will be the top two. It's hard to avoid boring outcomes.

Have we ever done a worst album survivor? I remember when we did worst song survivor, but I don't recall a worst album survivor.

And really, no matter what way we do an album survivor, Achtung and JT will be the top two. It's hard to avoid boring outcomes.
i think we have. i'll check.

I'm beginning to think The Unforgettable Fire is the official album of Australasia, or at least the superthreads.

I'm still the only vote for War?

Come on!

gob.jpg

The way things are going U2's third best album will be eliminated in the first round :angry:
R&H deserves praise. A lot. :sad:

Well, their best album is getting ripped off in the first round.

I thought War would be getting more votes than that...

Shouldn't the polls end once an album ends up with 50%? I mean, at that point, we pretty much know the eventual winner. Obviously, that's unlikely to happen in this case until we get right up towards the end, but I'm just saying....

Also, there's so few votes separating the ones on the bottom that I think people will purposely not vote for JT or AB just so they can keep a second or third favorite around for another round. It's not that we haven't had strategic voting before, but somebody looking at the poll results can single handedly send the results of an entire round into an opposite direction.

Heck, Achtung already has 43%? Knock off another four or five albums and this thing is over. And I fear it will only become even more strategic at that point since we've already seen the winner.

I should've waited to vote. AB is so far ahead that it doesn't matter, whereas Rattle & Hum leaving before the last two albums does matter.

See, I'm hoping RAH picks up no votes, since then I'll cut second last as well, as I proposed to no objection earlier, just to get things moving faster. I'm sure this will be more interesting once we're down to seven albums or less.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom