Results To Greatest U2 Songs Ever!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

uwwedoogie

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Over a month ago I posted a topic (http://forum.interference.com/t100831.html) asking you to post your 5 favourite U2 songs of all time (1 to 5) each song would get points (1st: 5, 2nd: 4, 3rd: 3, 4th: 2, 5th: 1) and then I added them all up and here are the results (Number of points in brackets)

The most popular U2 song of all time with exactly 100 points...
1. Where The Streets Have No Name (100)

2. Bad (86)
3. One (73)
4. With or Without You (63)
5. Until The End of the World (58)
6. The Fly (45)
7. Stay (Faraway So Close) (39)
8. Walk On (22)
9. New Years Day (23)
10. All I Want Is You (26)
11. Pride (In the Name of Love) (22)
12. Please (22)
13. Walk On (21)
14. Running To Stand Still (18)
15. A Sort of Homecoming (18)
16. Beautiful Day (16)
17. The Unforgettable Fire (16)
18. Out Of Control (16)
19. Acrobat (15)
20. Discotheque (15)
21. Sunday Bloody Sunday (13)
22. Zooropa (12)
23. Miracle Drug (12)
24. Gone (12)
25. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For (12)
26. In God's Country (9)
27. Lemon (9)
28. Gloria (9)
29. Ultraviolet (Light My Way) (9)
30. Lemon (9)
31. Heartland (9)
32. One Tree Hill (8)
33. Even Better Than the Real Thing (8)
34. Bullet The Blue Sky (8)
35. Kite (7)
36. Love Comes Tumbling (7)
37. Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses (7)
38. 11 O' Clock Tick Tock (7)
39. Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill Me (6)
40. "40" (5)
41. Desire (5)
42. Mofo (5)
43. Do You Feel Loved (5)
44. Promenade (4)
45. The Ground Beneath Her Feet (4)
46. A Man And A Woman (4)
47. Three Sunrises (4)
48. Electrical Storm (4)
49. A Day Without Me (4)
50. The Refugee (4)
51. Levitate (3)
52. City Of Blinding Lights (3)
53. Love Is Blindness (3)
54. Sometimes You Can’t Make It On Your Own (3)
55. Ultra Violet (Light My Way) (3)
56. Elvis Pressley and America (3)
57. Last Night On Earth (3)
58. Elevation (3)
59. Drowning Man (3)
60. So Cruel (3)
61. Tomorrow (2)
62. Original Of the Species (2)
63. Miss Sarajevo (2)
64. Stuck In a Moment You Can't Get Out O f(2)
65. Daddy’s Gonna Pay For Your Crashed Car(2)
66. In a Little While (2)
67. I Will Follow (1)
68. New Year's Day (1)
69. Vertigo (1)
70. The Hands That Built America (1)
71. Playboy Mansion (1)
72. If God Will Send His Angels (1)
73. An Cat Dubh (1)
74. Wake Up Deadman (1)
75. Party Girl (1)
1. Where The Streets Have No Name (100)

DPrinceNY said:
Beautiful Day needs to be bumped a little higher....say top 5

Looking at the top 5, I wouldn't say it belongs there -- but it certainly doesn't belong below Walk On. :eyebrow:

While it wasn't my number 1, Streets is a great song. I would say it deserves that place.

THIS LIST JUST IN THE MINDS OF AMERICANS!
just wishfull thinking.
u2 are europeans, just we europeans completly grasp there music, they became americanized jest because they needed to sell millions of records, but the true feelings,are here.
that list is just bullsh.

:eyebrow:

joaoricardo, as far as I know, this board has members from all over the world on it, all of whom were eligible to vote in this poll. :)

ETA: I think the results are probably pretty accurate, and while Streets isn't my favourite song either, I can see why it's number 1.

Last edited:
joaoricardo said:
just wishfull thinking.
u2 are europeans, just we europeans completly grasp there music, they became americanized jest because they needed to sell millions of records, but the true feelings,are here.

What are you talking about? I have no idea what you are talking about. Could you please elaborate on that utterly meaningless rambling? Maybe I'm just not getting it, but what are you talking about?

You heard him, he thinks this list is bullsh.

Er, maybe he meant "bullish". But this isn't a stock market forum.... :|

joaoricardo said:
just wishfull thinking.

Yes Canadiens, but I just want to know what he means with this post. The first line seems to indicate that he thinks only Americans participated in the poll, which is wrong. Then: ''wishful thinkin''....I don't know where that came from. The next line came out of nowhere, and the next one after that. And then: "but the true feelings"...What does that have to do with anything? The last line shows that he condemns the list.

Ok, I'll drop it. I'm spending way too much time analyzing a forum post. lol

I have the Uncut legends U2 magazine, and their list of the top 20 u2 songs is incredibly similar...

1. streets
2. one
3. with or without you
4. bad
5. until the end...
6. beautiful day
7. sunday bloody sunday
8. pride
9. the fly
10. all i want is you
11. new year's day
12. stay
13. i still haven't...
14. the unforgettable fire
15. desire
16. angel of harlem
17. miss sarajevo
18. a sort of homecoming
19. acrobat
20. out of control

Anyway, I think this list is fairly accurate and fair. I noticed that there are a few songs that are repeated on the list, though. Plus, All I want is You is at #10 even though it has more points than Walk On or New Years Day.

joaoricardo said:
just wishfull thinking.

Oh look, a European complaining about poll/election results, what a surprise ! (except in this case ALL COUNTRIES got to participate)

All Because of You, Angel of Harlem, Exit, Fire, Mysterious Ways, Numb, October, Rejoice, Stories for Boys, Surrender, The First Time, Two Hearts, and Tryin 2 throw your arms... all didn't rank?

That surprised me, especially Mysterious Ways

soory about the few mistakes ill try correct them and to joaoricardo this list isn't all americans i set it up and guess what Im Irish!!! Just like the lads themselves...

LemonMacPhisto said:
All Because of You, Angel of Harlem, Exit, Fire, Mysterious Ways, Numb, October, Rejoice, Stories for Boys, Surrender, The First Time, Two Hearts, and Tryin 2 throw your arms... all didn't rank?

That surprised me, especially Mysterious Ways

You have to remember that the premise of this list is to come up with your top 5 U2 songs of all time. Based on people's top 5, he then ranked them. More than likely, the songs you mentioned above were not in people's top 5. It may have been misleading having 75 songs in the list, as if people ranked their top 75. It's not, just top 5.

Like someone mentioned above, it's pretty accurate compared to the Uncut Legends list, which was made up off U2's closest peers and critics (including Paul McGuinness).

Btw, joaoricardo has no idea what he's complaining about.

Back
Top Bottom