Rest of U2 Survivor: Zooropa - Round 5

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vote For Your Least Favorite Song

• Zooropa

Votes: 6 7.2%
  • Lemon

Votes: 28 33.7%
  • Dirty Day

Votes: 49 59.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Varitek said:
Predicted front page of EYKIW for new album:

-Why Is U2 charging so much for the deluxe edition in Canada?!?!
-OMG I JUST HEARD IT+Sooooo good+first listen+The (Album name here) discussion (Merged)
-Track 1 discussion thread
-The cover art discussion thread
-Track 7 discussion THE BEST
-The old Mercy was better
-The new mercy is great (and I hated the old one)+OMG MERCY (merged)
-can old people handle listening to this?
-So this is "molten metal"
-Mercy still fucking sucks and here's why+I hate Mercy (merged)
-:sad: Bono lied - this is ATYCLB part 3
- I have a hearing aid - will this album still work for me?
-Give us some real bonus material next time

:lmao:

It's funny because it's true.

Varitek said:

-OMG I JUST HEARD IT+Sooooo good+first listen+The (Album name here) discussion (Merged)

Will you be my valentine?

coolian2 said:
Were you here during the U23D craze?

oh, yes, I was, I was heavily involved through all of it, and i thouroughly enjoyed it to be quite honest :)

I admire the passion :)

i was rooting for every single thread on the first page to be U2 3D related...i think at one point we had that, can't remember exactly, but that was really really fun...

I don't know why I didn't make the connection...jeez, i can't even imagine how crazy it's going to be when the album comes out, i'll be devoting whole portions of my day to discussion and listening, and ohhh wow is it going to be fun...and then right around the corner is the next tour!!!!!!!!!!!!!

shit i go crazy thinking about it...

yeah, Axver, I just observered chaos in the One thread, I can hardly wait for what's ahead :sigh:

Hopefully we'll all be blessed with another truly great album though :)

An Cat Gav said:
Dirty Fu--in Day. Not even one of the best 5 songs on Zooropa!

Stay was out, that's number 1 by a long shot.
Zooropa will win.
Lemon's still there.
The Wanderer should still be there.
I could probably put Numb and TFT above Dirty Day album version, but it depends on if I'm in a really mellow mood. (Yes, someone's going to say that's because TFT is boring and unoriginal and just like AIWIY...)

But no singles, so it's the 4th best in this poll. Just some people don't like The Wanderer. :madspit:

Varitek said:

Consider this my marriage proposal

Although you're forgetting the

-New Album remaster thread
and the compulsory
-B-sides and demos that should have been on the album instead

coolian2 said:

Consider this my marriage proposal

Although you're forgetting the

-New Album remaster thread
and the compulsory
-B-sides and demos that should have been on the album instead

The Sad Punk said:

Will you be my valentine?

I was gonna tell you two to fight it out, but SOMEBODY doesn't like Stay, which is on my top 25 and maybe my top 10, so coolian wins. :wink:

Varitek said:
I was gonna tell you two to fight it out, but SOMEBODY doesn't like Stay, which is on my top 25 and maybe my top 10, so coolian wins. :wink:

Why are you even interested in those hacks when I bring you gifts of 1978 U2 performing true masterpieces. :tsk:

Fine, fight it out. But coolian's 2 thread suggestions were pretty good, so I suggest a battle of "more threads that will appear on ETYKIW when the new album comes out"

Plus, it'll entertain me while I endure writer's block.

On another note, what's people's opinion about the best live Dirty Day? Though it seems cruel to DD to discuss its better editions in the thread that will be its demise...

coolian2 said:
Stay is only maybe a top 10 for you?

I don't think this is going to work out

At the moment it is top 5, but that is the "current top U2 songs" list, heavily effected by which I try to keep separate (in my head) from "all time top U2 songs" which might see Stay hovering a little lower.

Axver said:

Why are you even interested in those hacks when I bring you gifts of 1978 U2 performing true masterpieces. :tsk:

You can join the contest too. Though if you call those masterpieces, I don't know if this is going to work out. (we need a :tongue-in-cheek smiley: )

Is stealing your ideas a fair tactic?

I haven't listened to it in a while, but Dirty Day from Auckland i think was a top performance. They were really chugging along when the got to Auckland because the performance of Stay from the same show is excellent. I know what i'm listening to tonight, now.

I should be penalized for not thinking of the "remastered" and "why was this track on the album instead of this far better b-side" threads.

I was thinking I'd outline a thread, for those who didn't endure the HTDAAB days.

I can just see this one now.

Varitek said:

Friends, this album is SUCH a disappointment. :sad: :(

Bono promised us molten metal !! He told us that Edge is on fire !! :bow: :bow:

But this, friends, is just ATYCLB part 3. All the songs are the same !! We've heard this all before !! Why the same pop radio shit, Bono ?? :tsk: :down:

U2 need to stop being boring and do something new. They need to write more songs like Led Zeppelin !! The Edge should ROCK again !! That would be original and exciting !! :yes: :up: :drool:

Varitek said:

At the moment it is top 5, but that is the "current top U2 songs" list, heavily effected by which I try to keep separate (in my head) from "all time top U2 songs" which might see Stay hovering a little lower.

Ah, excellent. We seem to have a similar ranking system.

Stay is at the moment in my top 10 or so instead of the usual top five, but it's always right up there. I remember when i first got The Best of 1990-2000 before i knew how big this U2 thing was it was my favourite song on there.

And amusingly, i didn't really like One.

coolian2 said:
I haven't listened to it in a while, but Dirty Day from Auckland i think was a top performance. They were really chugging along when the got to Auckland because the performance of Stay from the same show is excellent. I know what i'm listening to tonight, now.

U2start rates it 2.5 stars for quality - is there a better version out there?

Varitek said:
I should be penalized for not thinking of the "remastered" and "why was this track on the album instead of this far better b-side" threads.

I was wondering how good the remastered idea would go.

You really missed on the second one though

Not to worry, with Axver involved the collection will be complete.

Axver said:

Friends, this album is SUCH a disappointment. :sad: :(

Bono promised us molten metal !! He told us that Edge is on fire !! :bow: :bow:

But this, friends, is just ATYCLB part 3. All the songs are the same !! We've heard this all before !! Why the same pop radio shit, Bono ?? :tsk: :down:

U2 need to stop being boring and do something new. They need to write more songs like Led Zeppelin !! The Edge should ROCK again !! That would be original and exciting !! :yes: :up: :drool:

I don't think you used enough smileys.

And some of the threads:

Will U2 play [the lead single] live?
The promo gig version of Mercy is sooooo much better than the studio version!!!
Bono can't sing any more!
Larry Mullen is a fucking hack
OMG LARRY RULES

And just three minutes after the lead single leaks: DOES ANY1 HAVE A GIUTAR TAB???

Varitek said:
I don't think you used enough smileys.

I had more but Interference has a limit on them and made me cut some out before I could post. :mad:

coolian2 said:

I was wondering how good the remastered idea would go.

You really missed on the second one though

Not to worry, with Axver involved the collection will be complete.

Given that some idiot started remaster threads for EVERY FREAKIN ALBUM after the rumor brok that they might come out some time in the future, it's quite good. And I think a discussion of when a brand new album will be remastered would fit right in with the rest... (I say this affectionately, Interference, just like when I poke fun at Bono for not having a vocabulary beyond "kneel" "knees" and "soul")

I am proud to say that I had no idea Interference limited smileys.

Axver said:
And some of the threads:

Will U2 play [the lead single] live?
The promo gig version of Mercy is sooooo much better than the studio version!!!
Bono can't sing any more!
Larry Mullen is a fucking hack
OMG LARRY RULES

And just three minutes after the lead single leaks: DOES ANY1 HAVE A GIUTAR TAB???

-Propose your setlist for the new show here!

(oh wait...)

Varitek said:
-Propose your setlist for the new show here!

(oh wait...)

I have absolutely no doubt theu2fly or whatever his name is will beat me to that with some poorly arranged selection of songs U2 will never do, mixed with new stuff.

Things To Make And Do
Mercy
Stranger In A Strange Land
Viva Davidoff
Vertigo
Thank You For The Day
Elevation

Dear God that would be horrible.

Varitek said:

Given that some idiot started remaster threads for EVERY FREAKIN ALBUM after the rumor brok that they might come out some time in the future, it's quite good. And I think a discussion of when a brand new album will be remastered would fit right in with the rest... (I say this affectionately, Interference, just like when I poke fun at Bono for not having a vocabulary beyond "kneel" "knees" and "soul")

There's going to be some defensive Interferers logging in tomorrow morning

coolian2 said:

There's going to be some defensive Interferers logging in tomorrow morning

No, just one: ponkine. "That idiot" referenced by Varitek is the same person I parodied with my mock post. :yes: :up: :dance: :rockon: :drool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom