Rest of U2 Survivor: Zooropa - Round 4

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Your Least Favorite Song: Vote For It

• Zooropa

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • Lemon

Votes: 8 10.0%
  • Dirty Day

Votes: 25 31.3%
  • The Wanderer

Votes: 44 55.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I voted for Lemon in the last round, but I think I'm going to go with Dirty Day this time. I like it, but I think the Bitter Kiss remix is a lot better.

Voted....Dirty Day!
Coz the live version is just:drool:
But studio version is nowhere near as good as The Wanderer!

Cheers ,

Mauwer

unico said:
but the reception is still going, m i rite???? open bar??

Of course! NSW won't be there, which is fine. That just means more karaoke for us. :wink:

Eh, screw the reception - let's just go to a karaoke bar.

I listened to Zooropa last night and will concede that Babyface is not as bad as I thought it was. I still don't love it, and Some Days is still really bad.

As for the last thread being closed, it makes sense to me. I don't know if the other threads ever got officially closed, but the poll was done, so there's no reason for it to really stay open.

While it's not a frightening trouncing in this round (frankly, I'm shocked), I think I'll still invoke a bit of tender mercies later on and close the poll when I get home.

corianderstem said:
As for the last thread being closed, it makes sense to me. I don't know if the other threads ever got officially closed, but the poll was done, so there's no reason for it to really stay open.
yeah, usually i close threads when the poll is close (in situations like this anyway where there's multiple rounds) if i notice, i'm not sure what the other mods do. i know some of them do this as well. i think it's just a matter of one of us noticing or not.

of course if there were ever a time where the poll creator didn't want us to close their thread, i wouldn't oblige. :tongue:

Does anybody agree that we're in a position where the mercy rule is justified? The Wanderer has received over 50% of the vote, and its margin over Dirty Day has been gradually widening for the entire round - 15 votes as I type.

close it...another day won't change anything unless all 20 or so voters (to make it to the normal mid-90s count) go for dirty day.

I wouldn't call The Wanderer a Johnny Cash song :shrug:

The lyrics are by Bono, the music is by U2, and Bono's doing the backing vocals. It's just got Mr. Cash doing the main vocal. But it's still a U2 song.

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely LOVE The Wanderer - it's just that to me it feels like something poring from Cash's soul, and really can't be put in the same category as the rest of Zooropa. Of course that shows Bono's great talent at writing for someone else. So, it's not that I like it less, I just think that I have trouble comparing with the others as U2 songs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom