Rest of U2 Survivor: Zooropa - Round 3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vote For Your Least Favorite Song

• Zooropa

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Lemon

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • Daddy's Gonna Pay ...

Votes: 42 45.2%
  • Dirty Day

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • The Wanderer

Votes: 39 41.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there anyone actively playing this game who needs 2 full days to vote? I'm wondering if knocking it back to a 24-hour voting round would help move things along.

There might be a few days here and there where I wouldn't be able to start a new poll right away, but for the most part I could do a new one daily.

corianderstem said:
Is there anyone actively playing this game who needs 2 full days to vote? I'm wondering if knocking it back to a 24-hour voting round would help move things along.

There might be a few days here and there where I wouldn't be able to start a new poll right away, but for the most part I could do a new one daily.

I'd support this, if anything just because missing a few days here and there now is more desireable than missing the whole end of the competition, which I will at this point.

but keep in mind we wouldn't get nearly the participation we're getting now with 24 hour polls :hmm:

Are there a lot of people who aren't voting until the second day? Or are people just waiting to see how things play out before voting closer to the end of the round?

corianderstem said:

I think that for Passengers and the non-album rounds, 24 hour rounds would be preferable. I don't see extended voting being useful in that case. For Pop, ATYCLB, HTDAAB, and the finals though? I think 2 days is probably still best. It has noticeably changed some results - possibly including this very round.

Axver said:

I think that for Passengers and the non-album rounds, 24 hour rounds would be preferable. I don't see extended voting being useful in that case. For Pop, ATYCLB, HTDAAB, and the finals though? I think 2 days is probably still best. It has noticeably changed some results - possibly including this very round.

That makes a lot of sense. :up:

I second that. Thanks.

As the head of my department would say, "Check and check."

(of course, that's only remotely amusing to me. :wink: )

I'd like to see another vote for The Wanderer in the next two hours. If I have to see Crashed Car go, I'd like to take Wanderer down with it.

Plus, it saves us a round!

24 hour rounds sounds good :up: I always vote the 1st day, and then it kinda drags... except in a few instances that I totally forget about the whole thing and miss a round, but that's only happened once or twice I think.

Even though I want The Wanderer to stay, I'd actually prefer a draw just because the next round will be so predictable.

But I'm not bringing notAxver out of the woodwork, sorry.

Oh well, look at it this way, cori: next round, you'll at least get to invoke the mercy rule for the first time in a while!

coolian2 said:
I'm too lazy to create an alternate account

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh, just invoke the mercy rule after 25 minutes.

I actually HAVE an alternate account that I created last spring when I thought about switching to something u2-related. And I logged in with it and tried to vote but it wouldn't let me. FWIW?

Well, who knows where the 42 Daddy's Gonna Pay voters are going to go next. I'll be voting for Dirty Day. I predict the mercy rule after a day.

But if I do that, then it throws off all my timing ... if I end a poll in a few hours, then it's later at night for me. And the way I've been going lately, I'd sleep through all the times to post a new poll!

Oh, decisions, decisions.

Varitek said:
I actually HAVE an alternate account that I created last spring when I thought about switching to something u2-related. And I logged in with it and tried to vote but it wouldn't let me. FWIW?

Not allowed to vote in polls with multiple ids.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom