Rest of U2 Survivor: Zooropa - Round 1

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vote For Your Least Favorite Song

• Zooropa

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Babyface

Votes: 20 20.6%
  • Lemon

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Daddy's Gonna Pay ...

Votes: 11 11.3%
  • Some Days Are ...

Votes: 35 36.1%
  • Dirty Day

Votes: 5 5.2%
  • The Wanderer

Votes: 26 26.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The Sad Punk said:

You may be right, of course - but why does the genre or style matter? As long as the music's good, that's all that matters. And Surf's Up is, in my opinion, musically (mainly vocally) perfect.

I LOVE Surf's Up. You need not convince me.

But if someone has a track record of disliking a certain type of music, then you have yourself an uphill climb, that's all. I'd have bet a lot of $$$ that Axver would have been meh, at best, over Surf's Up, because I've come to know his tastes.

And, you're smart, you know that "good" is highly highly subjective.

And, you're smart, you know that "good" is highly highly subjective.

Of course, you're right. I'm sure people say the same as I say of Surf's Up for plenty of other so called classics that I find musically interesting to some extent, but dull otherwise.

Oh look Some Days is basically fuct.

Axver said:

No, no, I didn't mean to say that about you. I mean that I was surprised you mentioned Spock's Beard because they're one prog band who I don't mention much anymore as they dropped off my radar, primarily due to Snow. I loved - still love - Day For Night and Beware Of Darkness, but ever since I heard Snow, I've barely listened to them. The albino stereotypes on that ... yeah, I didn't like it. Made me think less of the band's work as a whole.

I likes Star Trek, so Spock's Beard is lodged into my brain and forever associated with you. :)

And, Albino stereotypes would make me think twice about a band, so I can only imagine what it made you feel.

The Sad Punk said:

:sad: I hate you all so very, very much.

Oh, well. At least I still have Zooropa and Wake Up Dead Man getting to the finals to look forward to. :slant:

The Sad Punk said:

Of course, you're right. I'm sure people say the same as I say of Surf's Up for plenty of other so called classics that I find musically interesting to some extent, but dull otherwise.

I went with Babyface.

Wait, I'm confused. The Surf's Up I listened to on YouTube was an instrumental.

No spoken words said:
I likes Star Trek, so Spock's Beard is lodged into my brain and forever associated with you. :)

And, Albino stereotypes would make me think twice about a band, so I can only imagine what it made you feel.

:lol:

What pissed me off is that Snow is so hyped, along with V, as the Spock's Beard classic. Defining modern prog album, essential for all prog fans, etc. I went into it expecting something great. I even knew the lead character of the concept was albino, but I hoped for an intelligent treatment. That album was one of the biggest letdowns of my musical life.

actually R.E.M's "Half A World Away" chews "Surf's Up," spits it out, then steps on it...ok i don't know why i just said that...i'm listening to R.E.M. now, that song is damn good...anyone likey like?

Rob33 said:
actually R.E.M's "Half A World Away" chews "Surf's Up," spits it out, then steps on it...ok i don't know why i just said that...i'm listening to R.E.M. now, that song is damn good...anyone likey like?

I have no idea.

What album is it from?

i'm trying to give Porcupine Tree a chance...listening to Way Out Of Here right now...nothing seems to be getting inside me like Lazarus does, surely that is my favorite song of there's....it seems like nothing else of there's is like that though...or at least I can't find anything of that nature... :sigh:

Rob33 said:
i'm trying to give Porcupine Tree a chance...listening to Way Out Of Here right now...nothing seems to be getting inside me like Lazarus does, surely that is my favorite song of there's....it seems like nothing else of there's is like that though...or at least I can't find anything of that nature... :sigh:

Collapse The Light Into Earth, Half Light, The Moon Touches Your Shoulder, Pure Narcotic, Shesmovedon, The Rest Will Flow, Fadeaway, etc. My favourite PT song is Piano Lessons.

Sounds like you might appreciate the Blackfield side project more though.

No spoken words said:

See? I like Half A World Away a lot. It's no Find the River, but I likes it.

I'm not sure about REM songs chewing up and spitting out "Surf's Up", though.

Well, I do like Find the River. :up:

And I don't mind Half A World Away, but it's not especially special, you know? Just a basic REM song to me.

Now, when it comes to REM, Feeling Gravity's Pull is the place to be.

Axver said:

Collapse The Light Into Earth, Half Light, The Moon Touches Your Shoulder, Pure Narcotic, Shesmovedon, The Rest Will Flow, Fadeaway, etc. My favourite PT song is Piano Lessons.

Sounds like you might appreciate the Blackfield side project more though.

alright thanks, i'll be sure to go exploring..

Speaking of unacceptable opinions, I'm still pissed off at Axver for his claim that A Momentary Lapse of Reason is a better album than The Wall. Is that even possible?

LemonMelon said:
Speaking of unacceptable opinions, I'm still pissed off at Axver for his claim that A Momentary Lapse of Reason is a better album than The Wall. Is that even possible?

I think AMLOR is by default better than The Wall. Both have 3 good songs, but The Wall has two discs of filler to just one for AMLOR.

Back
Top Bottom