Rest of U2 Survivor: Zooropa - Round 1

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vote For Your Least Favorite Song

• Zooropa

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Babyface

Votes: 20 20.6%
  • Lemon

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Daddy's Gonna Pay ...

Votes: 11 11.3%
  • Some Days Are ...

Votes: 35 36.1%
  • Dirty Day

Votes: 5 5.2%
  • The Wanderer

Votes: 26 26.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Rob33 said:
it's a shame the poll participation for Zooropa is going to drop...I vote every round regardless of what's going on, if i like the album, if i like the remaining songs, etc. Everyone has to have some sort of opinion...maybe people are just too lazy to go back and listen to an album that probably gets very little attention these days...who knows :|

I think you're taking this too seriously.

I don't know what people see in Dirty Day- easily the dullest song on this album, and really, just a boring, uninteresting song with a boring melody as well...it's in the running for my least favorite U2 song for sure...it might just be...not sure yet

Even the live version?

I think the studio version could have been a lot better, but the result is still great - kind of feels claustrophobic in an endless landscape of sassy sound. I don't like a lot of Bono's singing in it, though - if anyone brings the album down a notch lower than it should be, it'd be him.

Axver said:
Could someone with premium membership look up the old Song and Non-Single Survivors and find out when The Wanderer was booted out? I'd have sworn it wasn't first to go those times and I'm surprised it's in such a dangerous position now.

In the Non-Single Survivor, Babyface was the first one eliminated, followed by Some Days, and then The Wanderer. Daddy's Gonna Pay closely followed it.

Zooropa easily won, and regardless of Lemon's inclusion this time, it should still win. One of the best U2 songs ever.

As for this round, tough choice. I love this album. I actually really enjoy Babyface, and The Wanderer is fantastic.

So that leaves it between Some Days and Daddy's Gonna Pay. They are probably the two songs I skip the most, so it doesn't matter which one goes first to me.

But seeing that The Wanderer is in jeopardy, I'll be voting for Some Days.

corianderstem said:
It was almost a toss-up for me between Babyface and Some Days. I really don't care for either.

I can't vote for The Wanderer because Johnny Cash rules. And the lyrics are awesome.

:up: EXACTLY!

Anyone voting for The Wanderer first is just insane in my book! Probably the BEST lyrics from this album and, my God, a KICK-ASS performance by Johnny Cash!!!!! :rockon:

What is wrong with you people! :huh:

I think the top 2 from each round should go to finals. Because my favorite off each album has gone out 2nd to last for AB and JT. And it's gonna happen here when Zooropa beats Lemon.

Varitek said:
I think the top 2 from each round should go to finals. Because my favorite off each album has gone out 2nd to last for AB and JT. And it's gonna happen here when Zooropa beats Lemon.

I think Axver has a distant plan for such a thing, where albums would be weighted and each album would get multiple picks from it advcancing. Kinda like the Radiohead one in Bang and Clatter.

1. Zooropa
The First Time
Stay (Faraway, So Close!)
2. Dirty Day
3. Daddy's Gonna Pay For Your Crashed Car
4. The Wanderer
5. Lemon
6. Some Days Are Better Than Others
Numb
7. Babyface

Aside from the top three tracks, this album is shit.

phillyfan26 said:
Considering Babyface is the worst U2 song ever recorded ... yeah, goodbye.

I honestly cannot understand the hatred for Babyface. To me, it's one of the most solid songs on Zooropa.

Its lyrics are OK, but the instrumentation is so bad, it makes it unlistenable.

I'm probably going to get murdered by LM for my hatred of this album.

:ohmy: what? The Wanderer,?? I'm quite surprised.... anyway, my vote - Daddy's Gonna Pay For Your Crap Song:madspit:

phillyfan26 said:

I'm probably going to get murdered by LM for my hatred of this album.

I am merciful.

You didn't vote for SDABTO this round, so you get to live. :up: The rest of you? :tsk:

DreamOutLoud13 said:

Says the boy that voted for The Wanderer :eyebrow:

Good song. The recent live version is proof enough of that.

Album version? Johnny Cash + cheesy synthesizers = fail. :down:

LemonMelon said:
Johnny Cash + cheesy synthesizers = fail. :down:
That's the point. It's Johnny Cash on the moon. You have this incredible, respected musician with this powerful voice, singing over the cheesiest Holiday Inn music on the planet. It's God among the glitter and the trash :drool:

coolian2 said:
Is that you Bono?

Their screen name is a phrase Bono has re-used completely, thus it must be Bono. The only more likely suspect would be a poster known as "GetOutYourCellPhones".

I don't understand the hate for Wanderer. It's class. 'Cept for the klaxon alarm at the end. Not the best song to fall asleep to in bed with the headphones on. :ohmy:

Back
Top Bottom