Rest of U2 Survivor: Zooropa - Round 1

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vote For Your Least Favorite Song

• Zooropa

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Babyface

Votes: 20 20.6%
  • Lemon

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Daddy's Gonna Pay ...

Votes: 11 11.3%
  • Some Days Are ...

Votes: 35 36.1%
  • Dirty Day

Votes: 5 5.2%
  • The Wanderer

Votes: 26 26.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Upon my first glance at the list for this round I immediately thought "Bye Bye Babyface"

But then I realized I haven't actually listened to some of these songs in a while...so I put in the CD...

What a FUN album this is! My love for 'Zooropa' might be at an all-time high right now.

I was singin' and dancin' along with every track. I had a huge smile on my face the entire time 'Babyface' was playing (God I haven't heard that song in a loooong time) and when the album was over I realized the song I enjoyed the least was....

'Daddy's Gonna Pay...'

So it gets my vote.

Also - title track FTW

Ok it pains me because the lyrics are brilliant, and Johnny Cash is :up: (I grew up on his music in my house as a kid) but I guess it's my first vote. As u2 songs go, I'm partial to Bono's voice.

The Wanderer

major_panic said:
Come on people, where's the Wanderer love around here... It's a great song!

The Wanderer's lyrics are some of the best on any U2 album.

And are you trying to earn yourself more baked goods or something? :wink:

Haha no, I just happen to really enjoy Wanderer. It just relates to life so well, and has great imagery.

Although any baked goods are always a bonus. :wink:

major_panic said:
Haha no, I just happen to really enjoy Wanderer. It just relates to life so well, and has great imagery.

Although any baked goods are always a bonus. :wink:

Don't you make me put on a veritable feast for you at the Melburnian Interferencers meet-up! :mad:

:wink:

i definitely don't dislike Babyface, despite voting for it. i think it's a quality track with some good lyrics (you have to wade through the cringeworthy ones tho). it's a great tune. like SDABTO, i think if some parts were rewritten it'd be a top notch track.

Why is the second best song on the album being voted off first? It should win this poll.

Johnny Cash's vocal makes the song, yes the lyrics and music are great but it isn't the same without Cash's vocal. I mean did you guys hear the live version of the Wanderer?

Anyway I voted Daddy's gonna pay

I love the music for SDABTO, I love the lyrics for the Wanderer, I like everything about Babyface - in fact, the only song I don't care for quite that much is Daddy's Gonna Pay.

Such a fantastic album.

I like DGPFYCC because the sound of it is like taking a time machine straight back to the 90's for me... I remember hearing that opening and just thought it was so cool. For some reason that songs gives me one of the strongest nostalgic reactions more than any other song. Weird.

Could someone with premium membership look up the old Song and Non-Single Survivors and find out when The Wanderer was booted out? I'd have sworn it wasn't first to go those times and I'm surprised it's in such a dangerous position now.

Dirty Day

a good song
better live
but on album my least favourite from this bunch

awesome album

OK I wasn't even going to participate in the Zooropa round, because there's a distinct chance that Lemon could win :down: But I peeked and voted Some Days... hoping to save Wanderer.

Lemon is the obvious choice though, but since it has a whopping 0 votes I figured that would be a waste.

Babyface is awful. I'm not crazy about Some Days, either, but it's at least got some funny lines.

How can everyone be voting against Johnny Cash? That song is brilliant :grumpy:

CTU2fan said:
OK I wasn't even going to participate in the Zooropa round, because there's a distinct chance that Lemon could win :down: But I peeked and voted Some Days... hoping to save Wanderer.

Lemon is the obvious choice though, but since it has a whopping 0 votes I figured that would be a waste.

Those of us who are Zooropa fans are going to need you in the seemingly inevitable Zooropa vs Lemon final.

Zooropa should win because, unlike Lemon, it doesnt repeat itself for 7 minutes. Plus it's sound is unique :yes:

Axver said:

Those of us who are Zooropa fans are going to need you in the seemingly inevitable Zooropa vs Lemon final.

Oh I'll be there...I may even create some alters (how ever many it takes). In fact I should just make 50 of them now and oust Lemon :)

Psh, your alters will never work. Ihatelemon1 through to Ihatelemon20 will just be too obvious. :wink:

And if you make alters, I'll send notAxver to vote for Lemon to keep the vote honest. :evil:

Actually I was considering SuckALemon 1 - infinity (if necessary)

Lemon is probably my favorite U2 video, but Zooropa's lyrics are amazing, right alongside Mofo as some of Bono's finest IMO.

months ago on "the worst U2 song" thread i voted Babyface i think...since then my opinion has changed though...i kinda like that song now despite it's questionable lyrics in some parts...

and someone mentioned the live performance of wanderer..I actually really liked that...but i know Edge's "Wa wa wa wa wanderer" in the background got to some people... I thought the whole performance was great!

I don't know what people see in Dirty Day- easily the dullest song on this album, and really, just a boring, uninteresting song with a boring melody as well...it's in the running for my least favorite U2 song for sure...it might just be...not sure yet :hmm:

Daddy's Gonna Pay is just alright, nothing special at all....best songs on this album are Stay, Zooropa (should definitely win this poll), Lemon, First Time, and Wanderer

I vote The Wanderer...i hope Babyface will last another two rounds at least. That song is really good...my 2nd fav after Dirty Day (this song should win) :wink:

This is my first game of Survivor and I'm glad to say that I tipped a tie with my vote.

This may be my favorite album so the next few rounds should be interesting. I just think the whole album works so well together as a cohesive unit.

Back
Top Bottom