Rest of U2 Survivor: War - Round 4

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vote For Your Least Favorite Song

• Seconds

Votes: 5 9.1%
  • Like a Song

Votes: 3 5.5%
  • Drowning Man

Votes: 13 23.6%
  • Two Hearts Beat As One

Votes: 9 16.4%

Votes: 25 45.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

corianderstem

Blue Crack Distributor
Drowning Man squeaked its way into the next round, while Surrender was sent packing with 20 votes.

VOTE FOR YOUR LEAST FAVORITE SONG

Polls will remain open for 48 hours, unless one song has taken enough of a beating after a day or so, in which case we'll call it an act of mercy and move on to the next round.

Songs in this round:

- Seconds
- Like A Song
- Drowning Man
- Two Hearts

Criteria for song selection (at least for the albums): anything on the regular pressings of the Best Of 1980-1990, Best Of 1990-2000, and U2:18 is excluded.

I'll wait for a bit, trying to save Drowning Man. Those who are voting for it, care to explain why? It is beautiful, and easily the best song here. Ideally I'd like to beat Two Hearts off, but I think that has some solid support.

I can't fathom why 40 is still here; it's a live classic but hardly a memorable studio song and it needs to go. It never should have made it further than Surrender did.

Now, in an ideal world, I'd like to kick off THBAO, but the last round made it clear that 40 is the viable choice to protect Drowning Man - and to be honest, depending on my mood, I'd rank the studio 40 lower than THBAO anyway.

COBL_04 said:
Those who are voting for it, care to explain why?

:shrug:

I honestly have just never cared for it. There's no deep-seeded reason as to why; I just don't like it.

I think Drowning Man is good, but overrated. I can see why people don't like it.

I loved the snippet of it at Red Rocks during 11OTT. :drool:

I'm loving the arse-kicking that 40 is receiving at this stage. Keep it up, Interference. :drool:

Also, cori, is the tournament going to pause for Christmas Day? There's so few people online that I'm not sure that running a round would be such a great idea. So maybe pause after the end of this round and commence round 5 on Boxing Day?

Axver said:
I'm loving the arse-kicking that 40 is receiving at this stage. Keep it up, Interference. :drool:

Also, cori, is the tournament going to pause for Christmas Day? There's so few people online that I'm not sure that running a round would be such a great idea. So maybe pause after the end of this round and commence round 5 on Boxing Day?

That's a fine idea. :)

WTF? How did this go from being 6 votes for 40 and 1 each for LAS, DM, and THBAO to 7 apiece for 40 and DM? Come on, folks, there's no way that Drowning Man is worse than a rushed, improvised track that would be tagged as filler if it hadn't established a live reputation.

liamcool said:
Axy's getting annoyed by other people's music taste. Aww.

Liam's preparing his halberd for use on Like A Song voters. Aww.

I voted for "40" but I could care less...just as long as "Drowning Man" goes next....then we've got an interesting three way. Not sure why "Like A Song" has such a solid reputation but it's my pick to win...

...but I want the champ to be "Seconds" :drool:

liamcool said:
Sod off, I'm the only one allowed to run that joke into the ground.

Anyway, what do you mean preparing?!

Right, right, you always have the halberd at the ready in case you encounter Like A Song voters, Britney Spears fans, or your sister.

Drowning Man is a sappy, formless waste of time. It surprises me that Axver of all people is so attached to it.

Like A Song is better. :up:

LemonMelon said:
Drowning Man is a sappy, formless waste of time. It surprises me that Axver of all people is so attached to it.

Like A Song is better. :up:

I think it's beautifully composed and very meaningful. I'm surprised you of all people don't like it!

I do agree that Like A Song is better, though. DM is my #2.

COBL_04 said:
I'll wait for a bit, trying to save Drowning Man. Those who are voting for it, care to explain why? It is beautiful, and easily the best song here. Ideally I'd like to beat Two Hearts off, but I think that has some solid support.

Well, i prefer Two Hearts, Seconds and Like A Song..., in no particular order.

Tbh i don't know it enough to care for it.

Back
Top Bottom