Rest of U2 Survivor: War - Round 3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Your Least Favorite Song: Vote For It!

• Seconds

Votes: 5 8.3%
  • Like a Song

Votes: 3 5.0%
  • Drowning Man

Votes: 18 30.0%
  • Two Hearts Beat As One

Votes: 3 5.0%
  • Surrender

Votes: 20 33.3%

Votes: 11 18.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Zootlesque said:

What??? Have you read the lyrics to Surrender recently? That whole passage from the song I posted a while back is about a woman called Sadie who is fighting fate (in other words is at 'war' with her circumstances) and finally she lets go and tries to commit suicide from the 48th floor. Surrender... surrender to the city below! It totally fits on an album titled War!

And Red Light fits too by talking about the struggle with making ends meet and giving in to prostitution.

I know, it was kind of a joke. We need a smilie for that...I suppose :wink: would do :wink:

phillyfan26 said:

Thanks philly, you rock.

CTU2fan said:
How will Pop work? Are songs on the Best of excluded, even though they're remixes? Looks to me like Discotheque, SatS, Gone, and IGWSHA are out...I'd guess Please or MOFO win with WUDM 3rd, though I suppose people might rather LNOE than WUDM.

All the songs on the Best Of are excluded from Pop. Basically, if any version of a song is on the regular release of the Best Of, it's out. People can vote based on what version they think is best. Leading on from that, to your b-sides round idea, we are doing that - I think I divided it up into four categories so it's manageable. In that, a song like Holy Joe will just appear once. Prefer the Guilty Mix? Vote on the basis of that. Prefer the Garage Mix? Vote on that basis of that. It will help the competition move faster.

Also, I think I have that Elevation gig you mentioned, so I'll check it out - surprised Drowning Man's chords showed up then, of all points in time.

corianderstem said:
Like a Song won the Non-Single Survivor.

Ah, of course, I should've remembered that. Thanks. :)

I'm holding off on voting here. I'll vote Surrender or 40 to save Drowning Man, but I'd most like to kick off THBAO.

I still haven't voted. Should we really vote certain songs off to save another, even if that song isn't REALLY your least favorite as the poll asks? I've been trying to avoid the comments until I vote so I won't be influenced... but I'm not sure if it matters. Do you think it matters in the end?

bonocomet said:
I still haven't voted. Should we really vote certain songs off to save another, even if that song isn't REALLY your least favorite as the poll asks? I've been trying to avoid the comments until I vote so I won't be influenced... but I'm not sure if it matters. Do you think it matters in the end?

As I said before, folks who vote Surrender just to save Drowning Man = off the Christmas card list. :down:

Seriously though, it does slant the votes, but it really isn't that big of a deal since neither song will win anyway.

:lol: Yes... this is a good way to slim down your Christmas card list.

But yeah I've been trying to avoid voting just to save a song, and really going with my least fave each time. It does seem it would affect the results... I guess you need to decide if you are just going for trying to get your absolute favorite to win the final round, or really taking it one round at a time and voting your least fave, without an ultimate motive. :hmm:

bonocomet said:

Strategic voting has been fairly common throughout the history of the various Survivor competitions on Interference.

Just a random statement. The backing vocals on Surrender have never bothered me, in fact I like them. :drool:

Axver said:

Strategic voting has been fairly common throughout the history of the various Survivor competitions on Interference.

I think that's why One won the best U2 song a couple years back....

LemonMelon said:

As I said before, folks who vote Surrender just to save Drowning Man = off the Christmas card list. :down:

Seriously though, it does slant the votes, but it really isn't that big of a deal since neither song will win anyway.

I voted "40" for three reasons:

1) To save DM.
2) To save Surrender.
3) Because "40's" the worst left.

I expect a Christmas card by Monday.

I voted 40...yes indeed the album version is dull compared with the live versions.

It pained me to do this, but I voted Surrender to save Drowning Man. I'm optimistic it will last another round too, as hopefully Surrender voters will join 40 voters and kick off 40 ahead of Drowning Man.

And LM's threat is meaningless to me. I haven't got a single Christmas card this year anyway!

If we're talking about live versions Surrender is the best track in my opinion...but I know we ain't :wink:

bonocomet said:
Just a random statement. The backing vocals on Surrender have never bothered me, in fact I like them. :drool:

ditto that. They're far, far less annoying than on Red Light. Surrender is by far the better song, so the backing vocals aren't even remotely an issue in Surrender.

The backing vocals on Surrender are better than the ones on Red Light, but my singing is better than the backing vocals on Red Light :wink:

Surrender is my least favorite here.

"40" is the obvious weak one.Get rid of the live version out of your head.

Speaking of "40",whos doing the 2-3-4 counting at the begining on the album version?

40 is definitely next on my list, don't worry about it hanging on much longer...

I'm surprised that Seconds and 40 aren't getting so many votes. Those two and Red Light are my least favourite at least.

Back
Top Bottom