Rest of U2 Survivor: War - Round 1

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vote For Your Least Favorite Song

• Seconds

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Like a Song

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Drowning Man

Votes: 4 7.3%
  • The Refugee

Votes: 5 9.1%
  • Two Hearts Beat As One

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Red Light

Votes: 37 67.3%
  • Surrender

Votes: 2 3.6%

Votes: 3 5.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
WITS may be the most mundane song U2 has ever made, but Red Light has those horrible backing vocals and Bono can't control his voice at all. It sounds hideous.

Zootlesque said:
Red Light's trumpet solo and bass beats the cheesy lines of WITS out of the park! :drool:

The backing vocals alone on Red Light make it far worse than anything cheesy that has come out of Bono's mouth.

But hey, if you prefer those backing vocals to Bono... :shrug:

i vote for drowning man then red light...drowning man doesn't do much for me at all...

i think the best songs here are surrender, like a song and 40...

phanan said:
The backing vocals alone on Red Light make it far worse than anything cheesy that has come out of Bono's mouth.

Yes.

Plus, the words "trumpet solo" and "U2" should never be in the same sentence together.

corianderstem said:
Plus, the words "trumpet solo" and "U2" should never be in the same sentence together.

Hahaha I literally laughed out loud when I read that. But I can't help it, I love that trumpet solo! :rockon: :drool:

corianderstem said:

Yes.

HAHAHAHAHA, nice, very nice...

i actually haven't listened to red light lately, i just turned it on...the trumpets actually made me laugh more than corianderstem's statement of truth here...

:lol: this thread is hilarious!!!

Last edited:
I'm not ready to swing the axe yet .

Listening now, War is going to be a difficult one for me .
Drowning Man > 40> everything else .

Red Light is almost as bad as Lemon. Easy vote.

1. Drowning Man
2. Like a Song
3. Seconds
4. 40
5. 2 Hearts
6. Surrender
7. Refugee
88. Red Light

1 & 2 are interchangeable and I'll be happy if either wins.

phanan said:

"Freedom has a scent like the top of a newborn baby's head" > Red Light

I don't get the hate for Two Hearts Beat As One. It's my favorite off of War, and one of my favorite U2 tunes.

Red Light AND The Refugee are the only crap songs on an otherwise flawless album. Actually, the Refugee is redeemed somewhat because it's hilarious. Never fails to make me laugh. Unfortunately, that wasn't their intention.

corianderstem said:
Ditto that.

I smell an early ending for this round tomorrow. :wink:

I'm kinda tempted to say that we should just move on now! There's no way this result is changing.

I am surprised that Drowning Man is second though. A massively distant second, but second all the same.

1. Like A Song
2. Drowning Man
3. Two Hearts Beat As One
4. Surrender
5. The Refugee
6. 40
7. Red Light
8. Seconds

CTU2fan said:

88. Red Light

LMAO, good call. Hate to be predictable, but I can't stand Red Light "da DA DA, da DA DA, da DA DA, da DA DA" :barf:

This round and next round are easy for me (Surrender, meh)... after that it's going to be very difficult- I love the other 8 songs, such a great album (apart from... yeh)

I really really really really really do NOT like Red Light. And that is the only U2 song I can say that about. Easy vote.
Nice to see The Refugee has 0 votes. I L:love:VE The Refugee!

I came into this thread with every intention of voting for Red Light, but I ended up voting for 40 instead. Red Light's already losing so badly, that it didn't really matter what I did with my vote.

And before you stone me for voting for 40...

Live 40 >>>>>>>>> studio 40.

So there.

As for Red Light... I don't hate it, I just don't like it as much as the other songs (except maybe studio 40 :hmm: ) There are just things in Red Light that bother me... like that awful trumpet. I'm sorry, but I have an aversion to brass in rock music. It could've been worse though, it could've been a sax (although technically saxophones are woodwinds :wink: ) and the fucking Coconut girls are annoying, although I think they're more annoying in Surrender.

All that said, there's one part of Red Light that I really, really love:

It's your own late show
As you jump to the street below
But where can you go
To leave yourself behind
Alone and on the spotlight
Of this, your own tragedy

:love:

Red Light, easy.

Surprised that no one's voted for Refugee yet....i thought that copped a lot of hate around here.....though I adore the song.

Probably all the people who voted Red Light will vote Refugee next round.

the tourist said:
Probably all the people who voted Red Light will vote Refugee next round.

Yeah, I expect a lot of this round's Red Light voters will move to The Refugee next round. I won't though; THBAO has got to go. The Refugee's good, WOH WOAH!

Back
Top Bottom