Rest of U2 Survivor: "UNRELEASED" RELEASES 04-07 - Round 8

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vote For Your Least Favorite Song

• Flower Child

Votes: 14 29.2%
  • Smile

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • Native Son

Votes: 11 22.9%
  • Xanax and Wine

Votes: 16 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

corianderstem

Blue Crack Distributor
Levitate is out, with 17 votes.

Love You Like Mad is out, with 22 votes.

VOTE FOR YOUR LEAST FAVORITE SONG

Polls will remain open for 24 hours for the non-album track rounds.

Songs in this round:

- Flower Child
- Smile
- Native Son
- Xanax And Wine

Criteria for song selection (at least for the albums): anything on the regular pressings of the Best Of 1980-1990, Best Of 1990-2000, and U2:18 is excluded.

This last round is a bit of a mish-mash. Unreleased tracks from HTDAAB and the previously unreleased JT era tracks. While they did obviously get an official release in 2007, we put them here anyway.

Xanax And Wine. It's good, the other three are great. Easy choice.

Xanax, again.

I like how this is progressing.

Native Son, Smile and Flower Child were my three favorite from this group, so if those are the last ones standing that is cool with me.

Last edited:
:hmm: this is hard now, Levitate was my favorite left. My biggest problem is that I like Native Son SOOO much more than Vertigo. Ok maybe not SOOO much, but at least a little more. Xanax and Wine I'm not so fond of, and I really love Smile for at least the first minute or so, then it gets a little repetitive. Flower Child though..>I think that's what my votes going for

WEll, I accidently voted for Xanax and Wine, but my vote wouldn't have really mattered anyways from the looks of things.

hahahahahahahahahahahaha

i go away for a couple of days and Smile, the worst of the lot, is not only STILL here but currently has LEAST votes :lol: :lol: :lol: good one guys.

Last edited:
gareth brown said:
hahahahahahahahahahahaha

i go away for a couple of days and Smile, the worst of the lot, is not only STILL here but currently has LEAST votes :lol: :lol: :lol: good one guys.

Pfft. Smile's the best song here. It has particularly good atmosphere and should have been on HTDAAB.

Axver said:

Pfft. Smile's the best song here. It has particularly good atmosphere and should have been on HTDAAB.
It would be one of the best of HTDAAB....

gareth brown said:
hahahahahahahahahahahaha

:lol: Good one.

1. Smile
2. Native Son
3. Flower Child
4. Xanax and Wine

Native Son >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Vertigo

Vlaco said:

It would be one of the best of HTDAAB....

I think it's the second best song U2 has made this decade. TGBHF is first, and Native Son is a close third. So I'd say it would not just be one of the best on HTDAAB, but the best, full stop.

Also, I second PFan's rankings, and his assertion about Native Son being quite superior to Vertigo.

i just think it's a really dire song, bloody dull...i think calling it the second best song they've made this DECADE (granted, they haven't done MUCH :wink:) is just gilding the lily a bit. :huh:

phillyfan26 said:

Native Son >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Vertigo

I've never understood this. It's the same song, except the lyrics are too heavy-handed for the music.

Smile is an outstanding song. I will be very disappointed if Native Son beats it here. I don't dislike NS, but I do think U2 made the right choice choosing Vertigo over it, so it shouldn't beat a stand alone amazing song like Smile. (Unfortunately they also made a wrong choice by leaving Smile completely out :wink: )

Last edited:
I voted for Xanax in an effort to save Flower Child, but I've got to say...it's as good as Fast Cars. So badass.

LemonMelon said:

I've never understood this. It's the same song, except the lyrics are too heavy-handed for the music.

The lyrics fit fine, and aren't flat out stupid like Vertigo's. Native Son takes all the negatives out and make it a solid rock song. The lyrics make all the difference. That and Edge's verse in the middle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom