Rest of U2 Survivor: The Unforgettable Fire - Round 6

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vote For Your Least Favorite Song

• A Sort of Homecoming

Votes: 14 26.9%
  • Wire

Votes: 38 73.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

corianderstem

Blue Crack Distributor
Awwww man, you guys! One vote away from a double-elimination. Drat.

Promenade promenaded its way out of the competition with 34 votes.

VOTE FOR YOUR LEAST FAVORITE SONG

Polls will remain open for 48 hours, unless one song has taken enough of a beating after a day or so, in which case we'll call it an act of mercy and move on to the next round.

Songs in this round:

- A Sort Of Homecoming
- Wire

Criteria for song selection (at least for the albums): anything on the regular pressings of the Best Of 1980-1990, Best Of 1990-2000, and U2:18 is excluded.

I love Wire, but I had to vote for it. ASOH is too good. It's a candidate for an overall tournament victory if you ask me.

This is clear. I move that cori start the first round of JT before the end of today. Her today, that is. Not mine. It's only the early afternoon here. I want to vote on the first round of JT this evening. :wink:

Axver said:
This is clear. I move that cori start the first round of JT before the end of today. Her today, that is. Not mine. It's only the early afternoon here. I want to vote on the first round of JT this evening. :wink:

The end of MY today? It's 7:00 pm where I am. I ain't ending the poll before it becomes Wednesday in my time zone. My computer will probably be off in less than an hour, and I'll be in bed looong before midnight.

Sorry, Ax. You're just going to have to amuse yourself by writing an essay on how much you hate "One" or something. :wink:

Aww, but it's already clear Wire's goooone, it's got over triple ASOH's votes. I don't see the point in keeping this going.

I know it's just a stupid poll, but I don't feel right about keeping the poll open for only an hour or so. Even if it's a trouncing, I'd rather have it open for at least half a day or so before mercy-killing it.

I voted Wire... yet if Promenade were still in I would have voted for ASOH :) (as much as I love it)!!

Gosh, it was difficult to choose between songs on this album! I think JT might be a little easier... ;)

I voted ASOH but it was really more of a mercy vote...studio Wire vs. ASOH is very close, if it was live then ASOH is clearly better.

And I still don't get how the 2 minute snoozefest that is Promenade is anywhere near the brilliance of Wire, let alone ASOH. I mean, it's OK...if they bothered to finish it instead of it fading out mid-song like 40 then you'd have something.

I also voted ASOH, but I know it was only to show my love of Wire. ASOH is a brilliant song and sure it deserves the win, but it's better live than studio. :wink:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom