Rest of U2 Survivor: The Unforgettable Fire - Round 1

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vote For Your Least Favorite Song

• A Sort of Homecoming

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wire

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Promenade

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • 4th of July

Votes: 28 45.2%
  • Indian Summer Sky

Votes: 4 6.5%
  • Elvis Presley and America

Votes: 22 35.5%
  • MLK

Votes: 6 9.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
corianderstem said:
I should have chosen something from Elvis Presley And America as my user name.

Maybe "eenoesheeannobye". Or "mumblemumbleyeeearrrrrgh".

How about "Hear the Cows Sing"? I swear I heard that once around the 2:30 mark.

Axver said:
I'd like ASOH to win.

1. A Sort Of Homecoming
2. Promenade
=3. Wire
=3. Indian Summer Sky
5. Elvis Presley And America
6. 4th Of July
7. MLK

Any of the top four there would be very worthy winners.

I agree with you except for Indian Summer Sky, I've never been all that keen on it.

corianderstem said:
I should have chosen something from Elvis Presley And America as my user name.

Maybe "eenoesheeannobye". Or "mumblemumbleyeeearrrrrgh".
:lmao:

You're my hero, Cori :love:

No spoken words said:
I like the live versions, but, as you can maybe can tell from my interference name and signature....I kind of love the song. :)

I do see that :) It is an awesome song. I will have a hard time voting later I think. :(

Elvis Presley And America. Never should have been on the album when they also had The Three Sunrises, Love Comes Tumbling, and Bass Trap as choices, too.

I like 4th Of July and MLK, definitely more so than Elvis.

EPAA and MLK are both songs that are way unfinished. I'm going with MLK here because it's not really even an effort.

corianderstem said:
Aw shit, does that mean I have to be some sort of role model now?

:wink:

Heroes don't have to be role models. Just look at the show.

phanan said:
Elvis Presley And America. Never should have been on the album when they also had The Three Sunrises, Love Comes Tumbling, and Bass Trap as choices, too.

Yeah, as much as I think EPAA is a good song, an interesting look into U2's recording process, and a great example of the voice being used as an instrument, I find it incomprehensible that it made the album over some of the other material U2 had at the time. It's not as if they were pressed for space either. If the album had the three songs you name and omitted EPAA, I suspect a few more people would join me in praising UF, not JT, as U2's first masterpiece.

I know that Bono is mumbling half of the lyrics..(and they aren't very good either) but Elvis and america has a thousand time more meat around the bone than 4th "ZZzzzzzz! of July.

So, the Bazooka in full force for me for "4th of July".

EP&A for me, but either it or 4oJ are fine candidates for the block.

4th of July has ... you know, uh, music in it. MLK ... doesn't. Hence, MLK gets the vote.

I can understand the votes for MLK, but not 4th Of July. I think it plays a vital part in the sequencing of the album, and that adds significant value to me.

The Unforgettable Fire>Promenade>4th Of July>Bad is one of the most beautiful passages on any album, period.

OK we need a couple more EP&A votes for a double-elimination, c'mon people.

phanan said:
I can understand the votes for MLK, but not 4th Of July. I think it plays a vital part in the sequencing of the album, and that adds significant value to me.

The Unforgettable Fire>Promenade>4th Of July>Bad is one of the most beautiful passages on any album, period.

One song has got to go, I mean I love that 4th of July is on the album but it's the one song I wouldn't listen to on its own

Aaah, this is hard... I love this album... but I voted 4th of July

I love EPAA and MLK. Both gorgeous and beautifully understated, and lovely to listen to on your ear-phones when you're alone, tired or stressed... they just have a lovely calming effect. :)

Wire, just never found it as beautiful or interesting as the other tunes......Promenade or Homecoming for the win

I know what you mean Phenan....but if I look at it as a song on its own....I think 4th of July is nothing special....like Irishteen says.

Back
Top Bottom