Rest of U2 Survivor: THE SHOWDOWN - Round 11

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vote For Your Least Favorite Song

• Electric Co

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Gloria

Votes: 8 12.1%
  • A Sort of Homecoming

Votes: 5 7.6%
  • One Tree Hill

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Heartland

Votes: 17 25.8%
  • The Fly

Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Zooropa

Votes: 4 6.1%
  • Please

Votes: 8 12.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

corianderstem

Blue Crack Distributor
You all declared a fatwa on The Ground Beneath Her Feet, and it went into hiding.

VOTE FOR YOUR LEAST FAVORITE SONG

Polls will remain open for 24 hours.

Songs in this round:

- The Electric Co
- Gloria
- A Sort of Homecoming
- One Tree Hill
- Heartland
- The Fly
- Zooropa
- Please

Criteria for song selection (at least for the albums): anything on the regular pressings of the Best Of 1980-1990, Best Of 1990-2000, and U2:18 is excluded.

These songs are the winners of all the rounds, facing off to find ONE SONG TO RULE THEM (all the non-singles) ALL.

I've voted for "Please" in every round now. Do I get like a power-vote that counts as 5?

Some mint songs here, Gloria, Heartland, Zooropa all U2 at their most legendary....

Electrico has to go.....

Rob33 said:

heartland simply OWNS Gloria

:down: :tsk: Gloria is one of the very best singles the band released from those first few albums. Great lyrics and a powerful vocal. It's part of what makes October worthwhile.

TEC. It would be a crime if Heartland fails to reach the top three, or at least top five.

I'd be voting for TEC in a round or two if the songs were eliminated exactly in my favoured order anyway (I'd ordinarily go for Please, then toss up between TEC and Zooropa).

Zooropa. Sticks out like a sore thumb amongs the good songs still left.

But ... but ... it's a stellar list of songs! How is the studio version of Electric Co better than those others up there?

Most of the songs remaining are in my top 10 U2 songs. Electric Co is not.

I'm baffled by all the Heartland votes when TEC, Gloria, Zooropa, and Please are all still here. Now, don't get me wrong, I love those four and they are probably my favourite songs from their respective albums (apart from Please, which loses to Gone). But Heartland - well, given my role in the epic Heartland Appreciation Threads, do I really need to elaborate on my stance here? :wink:

In any case, I think it's undeniably top three or at least top five.

Electric Co.

I find it interesting some of the differences between this one and the Survivor going on in the U2 group on last.fm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom