Rest of U2 Survivor: The Joshua Tree - Round 7

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vote For Your LEAST Favorite Song

• Running To Stand Still

Votes: 42 51.2%
  • One Tree Hill

Votes: 40 48.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
the tourist said:
If we stuck to that. But who's going to weight the albums??

Didn't the Radiohead Survivor start with a vote on the albums, and how well the albums fared determined how many songs proceeded to the finals?

Alright, well, here's a proposal, based on the assumption the new album's coming in the fourth quarter of this year.

Once the hype about the album has time to die down, we'll begin a U2 Album Survivor in January 2009. The outcome there will determine the weightings for Song Survivor, which would follow immediately.

The top three albums would send four songs. Next three send three. Next three send two. Final three send one.

As for the non-album sections, the current distribution will remain (unless we come up with a better one beforehand) and each of the six will send through one song.

So that will result in 36 songs. Two preliminary finals of 18 songs each. Bottom three from each are kicked out. Maybe we could keep going further, to avoid a mass of 30 songs in the final. Say have just 10 left of the original 18 in the two groupings. Then put them together in a final of 20 and go from there.

Axver said:
The top three albums would send four songs. Next three send three. Next three send two. Final three send one.

I would say top four albums send 4, next four send 3, and the last four send 2. That would make 36. Add 2 b-side/non-album singles from 80s, 90s, and 00s. That makes 42 the total. And everyone knows 42 is the answer to life. :wink:

the tourist said:
I would say top four albums send 4, next four send 3, and the last four send 2. That would make 36. Add 2 b-side/non-album singles from 80s, 90s, and 00s. That makes 42 the total. And everyone knows 42 is the answer to life. :wink:

Ah, yes, that would be better. Especially as I'd like more than just Gloria to go through from October. Given its strong showing this time around, Rejoice could possibly even knock off Tomorrow for a second spot.

Back
Top Bottom