Rest of U2 Survivor: Rattle and Hum - Round 5

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vote For Your Least Favorite Song

• Zoo Station

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses

Votes: 4 6.0%
  • So Cruel

Votes: 13 19.4%
  • The Fly

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Trying To Throw Your Arms Around the World

Votes: 42 62.7%
  • Ultraviolet

Votes: 3 4.5%
  • Acrobat

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Love Is Blindness

Votes: 3 4.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Tryin' to Throw a Song Over a Cliff :down:

I know the criteria but including The Fly kills the suspense, it's the best song on the album including the singles...hell it's their best song post-R&H.

Oh and "...sleep on stones" >>> "intellectual tortoise" so there :wink:

As others have said - "Trying to throw..." is a cool track but also the weakest one here. It gets my vote.

And "So Cruel" is one of Bono's best poems. It will be a shame when it goes next round.

Oops, I only now just realized I forgot to change the poll title. Oh well. You all are smart. You figured it out. :wink:

corianderstem said:
Oops, I only now just realized I forgot to change the poll title. Oh well. You all are smart. You figured it out. :wink:

Actually I'm thoroughly confused.

I think I found it on limewire man. But it has Mercy on it, so I think it may be a fake....

DreamOutLoud13 said:
LM, you and I might have to strategize next round to keep So Cruel in the running :uhoh:

I'm in. What are we shitcanning instead, Ultra Violet?

So Cruel, but I would vote the 3/4 of the songs on Achtung Baby (it's actually my least favorite U2 album with ATYCLB :reject: )

DreamOutLoud13 said:

:lmao: this post almost killed me :up:

And Ultra Violet may have some cheesy fucking lines, but it makes my heart happy, okay?! :mad:

:up: qftmft.

I love the way he sings it, especially "And now we liiiieee together, in whispers and mooooans, when i was so messed up and i had opera in my head, your love was a lightbulb, hanging over my beeeeed" :combust:

A few too many baby baby babys but I don't care.

And I agree with CTU2fan about The Fly. It was a worldwide single.

DreamOutLoud13 said:
LM, you and I might have to strategize next round to keep So Cruel in the running :uhoh:

I'm in. This is going to take all of our skill.

....So, what's your alter going to be named? :wink: j/k

CTU2fan said:
I'm in. What are we shitcanning instead, Ultra Violet?

Dooo iiiit.

And yes, I hate happiness. :wink:

pat132 said:
So Cruel, but I would vote the 3/4 of the songs on Achtung Baby (it's actually my least favorite U2 album with ATYCLB :reject: )

I'm with you on that one. Though lately I've started to think HTDAAB might be slightly worse than Achtung too.

COBL_04 said:
And I agree with CTU2fan about The Fly. It was a worldwide single.

What does that have to do with anything? This is the "best of the rest". People keep harping on about "why wasn't The Fly on the regular Best Of?" (And "where's Gloria?", etc.) So if it is indeed the best of the rest, then it will come out on top. I don't see what the problem is here.

Let me just reiterate that this is not Non-Single Survivor. We've done that before. There are plenty of singles in the tournament. This is finding what Interference thinks is the best song that did not make the Best Of 1980-1990, Best Of 1990-2000, and U2 18.

Last edited:
I'll gladly join the anti-WGRYWH forces next time. Gotta try to save So Cruel. Fantastic song.

For the record, I do like Trying To Throw Your Arms a lot. Not as much as my favorites on this album, but it's a fun song.

I'll be voting Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses or So Cruel next time. Whichever will help save Ultraviolet the most.

I'll be voting Ultra Violet until it's dead and buried in the shallow mass grave of discarded Survivor songs. Don't make it take too long, folks!

I'm hoping to make it last until at least So Cruel and Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses are gone.

I wouldn't mind if So Cruel left before Ultra Violet.

WGRYWH isn't bad though.

If I actually have that, I haven't played it for a very, very long time.

In comparison, I haven't played WGRYWH for a very long time.

PS Get the e-mail I sent you a couple of days ago?

Back
Top Bottom